Wednesday 19 September 2018

Wednesday, 19-09-18

Good morning.

The not-Christmas dinner was a great success yesterday and Al had seconds that finished everything off bar the chicken itself and a bit of cranberry sauce.
I've now stripped the carcass which has been simmering overnight, making a fantastic stock.  I shall let it cool and chill it in the fridge so that the fat solidifies and I can scrape it off, leaving SW free stock for gravy and soup.

Now I have to remember to eat up the chicken.

Today's food:
B:  muesli, fruit and yogurt
The muesli is my healthy extra B and the milk will be half my healthy extra A

L:  chicken and salad with mayo
All free apart from a bit of lighter than light mayo which is 1/2 syn per level tbsp.  The chicken is leftovers and the tomatoes on the salad will be garden grown.  I almost love using chicken leftovers more than the original meal.  I might add a bit of curry paste and make it a sort of coronation chicken thing.  That would be nice.

D:  jacket potato with chicken mayo , salad veg or cooked veg - I haven't decided yet.
More of the same in a way as the chicken needs eating up (no complaints).  The chicken may not have been cheap, being kind chicken, but making the very most of it by using every bit of leftovers and boiling the carcass for stock is really getting the very utmost from it and that is also frugality.  I can't bear to throw away an unused chicken carcass!
If I have cooked veg it will be runner beans and/or courgette and they are from the allotment. 

Ss:  apple, pear, tomatoes
All from garden or allotment

I shall have to start buying more veg and fruit soon as the autumn harvest stops but it's been really good this year and the nicest thing is I can look forward to it all over again next year!  More than worth all the effort and, let's face it, all that digging, weeding, etc, is great exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment