Monday 29 October 2018

Recipe: Caribbean sausage bake

I found this idea in Woman magazine and adapted it to fit what I had in and to work with Slimming World.  This is what I did.

Ingredients to make a good portion for one
one smallish onion, sliced
four Heck zesty chicken chipolatas (one syn)
some frozen pineapple (it was supposed to be mango but I didn't have mango.  Fresh would be fine but not canned as that has syns)
about 3/4 of a red or yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
some spray oil
1/2 tsp jerk seasoning (I didn't have this so looked up how to make it - dead easy as long as you have all the separate items - I'm reckoning half a syn as you can't get less that that, I gather.)
half a 400g can chopped tomatoes
about half a stock cube
about 100 mls water

Method
Heat oven to 200C

Put the onion, sausages, pineapple (or mango) and  pepper into a baking dish. Add some spray oil and mix well.  Roast for about 20 mins.

Pour the chopped tomato over the sausages along with the stock and water.  Mix well.
Bake for about 15 to 20 mins more.

Serve with rice and enjoy!


This will be really lovely with more added veg (sweet potato, squash, mushrooms, for example) and/or with chicken breast instead of sausage.  It's on the list!

2 comments:

  1. It does look yummy. Is it Aldi that are doing their own version of Heck sausages? They can be expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, Tania but I will look out. Heck ones appear on special now and again and I get some then, for the freezer.
    xx

    ReplyDelete