Sunday 4 November 2018

Sunday, 04-11-18

Good morning, everyone.
I was pleased with yesterday.  Apart from a couple of handfuls of fruit and nuts (not the chocolate bar, just fruit and nuts), I stuck properly to plan despite being surrounded by food!!

In the end, I made a soup for lunch.  Chunky ham and veg, pretty much SW free and containing (takes deep breath) onion, carrot, celery, butternut squash, sweet potato, potato, peas, sweetcorn, mushrooms, ham and orzo.  Oh, it was delicious!  I made a potful so it fed three of us yesterday and there's enough for another meal today which I shall certainly take advantage of!

Today's plans:
B:  either porridge and fruit or beans on toast as Dad has half a can of beans in the fridge and doesn't seem inclined to use them up.
SW:  either will use by healthy extra B, either the oats or the bread

L:  more of that soup - yum
SW free and packed with veg!

D:  I have leftover roast chicken so I'll do a chicken and veg mix and top it with cheesy pasta (made with Dairylea.  I'll do some veg too
If it works, I will post the recipe.
SE:  The cheese will be my healthy extra A

Ss:  fruit.  I will try to keep off the nuts today!

Please feel free to comment, advise, etc.  I love to get constructive comments and will always reply.



8 comments:

  1. Probably too late now but the half can of beans could go in the soup.
    Hope you have a quiet day with chance to get out for a walk.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did wonder about that but they were jolly good on toast for breakfast! :-)
      Thanks, Sue.
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Soup is so good at this time of year and for using up odds and ends. I do a lot of that. I had a very frugal food day - didn't cost a penny! I was taken out and treated to both lunch and dinner! A coincidence that two 'occasions' collided. I tried to eat light at both but I definitely exceeded my daily syn allowance. Need to rein it in today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too - I wish Dad didn't keep liquorice allsorts around!
      How lovely to be treated out for two meals despite the syns. You - I mean we - can get back on track today and in na week's time you'd never know!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Good morning Joy

    I love to read your 'Menu for the day', and now we are in 'Soup Season' it'll get even more interesting and enjoyable. I'm a rubbish 'cook', hubby can't eat onions, garlic or anything spicy (he could end up in hospital :-( ), so it's just basic stuff I cook/make. I was given a pumpkin plant this year and made pumpkin soup yesterday! Never cooked pumpkin before, but will definitely cook it again. I'm having some today - fingers crossed it tastes ok.

    Keep on doing what you're doing, both with blogging AND following your SW system. It's obviously working for you as you're buying new (smaller) clothes.

    Have a good day.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Carol. Thanks for your lovely comment, I appreciate it.
      It's a shame you can't user spicy stuff but, under the circumstances, I can totally see why not.
      Pumpkin isn't really my things either - is it like squash?

      I think it is working for me, but I do need to control my weekend away eating. :-)
      xx

      Delete
    2. Good morning Joy

      Thank you for your reply regarding the spices. I have found garlic/pepper in the "M" shop and that's good to use. I purchased the lazy garlic jar, added it to mayo with my salad and was moaned at the rest of the day :-( guess I need to use less or maybe forego it altogether :-( I am slowly trying different spices (especially with my soups). At least if it's bland, I can add to it.

      Pumpkin is not quite as hard (once you've broken through the 'skin') as swede. Not sure what squash is - will look out for it.

      I know what you mean about exercising control when eating away from home. You are doing exactly the right thing - for you. You are aware of what you're eating away from home, and get back to your new eating habits when home.


      Have a good day.

      Carol

      Delete
    3. I like lazy garlic but have to remember it is quite strong. I find the tubes of garlic puree milder in flavour.
      Butternut squash is fairly common in supermarkets now. I like it in soups or roasted with root veg. Delicious! It makes nice 'wedges' too.
      xx

      Delete