Sunday 11 November 2018

Sunday, 11-11-18

Good morning.

I discovered that the Alpro coconut drink IS a healthy extra - and you can have 600mls of it.  I won't use that much in a day so it leaves room for a nibble of cheese as well.

The one pot Mediterranean chicken orzo was lovely and when I make it again I shall add extra veg - some pepper, leek and sweet potato would go really well with it, as would a scattering of olives, although they would need to be synned.  Here's the link in case anyone is interested.
http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/syn-free-one-pot-mediterranean-chicken-orzo-slimming-world/

Today's plans
B:  overnight oats using yogurt, some of that coconut drink and some mango and pineapple.  I added a pinch of cinnamon too and am looking forward to it.
The fruit is from my collection of frozen fruits so not shockingly expensive and, of course, you can just take out what you want to use instead of chopping up a whole fruit.  The coconut stuff was free and oats are the best frugal food!
SW:  part of my healthy extra A and all of B

L:  the last of that bean and vegetable soup.  It was a most delicious batch.  I'll add some grated cheese for extra yumminess as well as my calcium.
One large pot of soup has made seven good meals - and they were filling meals too what with all the veg plus the bean protein.  Beth (daughter) said she was having the portion she took home with rice as a main meal.
SW:  the rest of the healthy extra A

D:  a nice traditional dinner.  I'll see what I have in the freezer in the way of sliced meat and add to it roasties, roasted parsnip and squash and sprouts with a yogurt for dessert.  In fact, I might zizz it with some frozen fruit to make a kind of icecream.
Frugally, the meat has been in the freezer for ages and ought to be used up while none of the vegetables are that costly. 
Now and again you can get Mullerlight yogurts on special which is what I did the other day.  I look out for this fairly regular offer
SW:  one syn for the yogurt

Ss:  fruit as always

I have another non-scale victory to share!
On Friday, I needed something that was smart but not posh for the do at school.  I didn't think jeans really worked and didn't want to go the long skirt route.
On the offchance, I tried on my 'mini-target' black trousers and, lo and behold, they fitted perfectly.  So yesterday I tried on the next-size-down jeans and they are no longer next size down either!  Cheers!

(I wore the trousers with a nice top and the hooded knitted jacket I got at Center parcs, and felt like a million pounds, especially with all the nice comments!)


6 comments:

  1. It's so nice when something previously too small now fits you, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a brilliant feeling. SOmething to hold onto when the black dog tells you that you're going nowhere fast!
      xx

      Delete
  2. That is fantastic! Having my clothes fit properly with no "lying down on the bed to get the zip up" moments is one of my main motivators! No budget for a new wardrobe, either! So congratulations - so much more satisfying than the numbers on the scales, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's another way of showing that it's working and, as you say, extremely satisfying
      xx

      Delete
  3. I haven't commented before, but have followed you for a few months. You are doing fantastically well on the diet and being able to fit into clothes a size smaller is another welcome boost. I really should lose weight - now isn't the right time for me, but hopefully in the New Year I'll be able to make a start - with the benefit of some of your lovely recipes.

    Hope you have another good week.

    Jan









    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jan, it's lovely to meet you and thanks for following and commenting. Good luck for the new year.
      xx

      Delete