Tuesday 20 June 2017

Day 12

Goodness, isn't it hot!  Lots of water is the name of the game, I think.

Today is a £1.00 day.
B:  fruit (grapes and any strawberries I can find), natural yogurt (gifted) and muesli (gifted)
L:  bread roll (2p) soft cheese (10p), lettuce (apf), cucumber (apf), apple (7p)
D:  chorizo and bean stew (28p) with rice (7p), banana (12p)
S/S:  carrot batons (4p),

I've also bought another carton of milk so that's 45p

(apf means 'already paid for' which means when I bought the item I took the whole cost from the budget rather than doing it per portion. It works for things like lettuce, cabbage, milk, yogurt, oil, etc, where working out one portion would make life a lot more complicated!
YS means Yellow Sticker - reduced)


Here's a link to the recipe for the chorizo and bean stew.  It's very tasty!
http://my30-30challenge.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/recipe-chorizo-and-bean-stew.html



End of day update.
All more or less went according to plan.
B:  Total 1p as I had a bit of stevia on the fruit
L:  Total 20p
D:  Total 35p as I didn't have the banana
S:  bread roll and butter   Total 2p (bread roll home made, butter apf)

Plus milk:  45p

Today I spent £1.03 (including the milk)
Budget so far £12.50
Spent: £10.08p
Money in hand:  £2.42


  

No comments:

Post a Comment