Saturday 24 June 2017

Recipe: French bread ham and pineapple pizza

I had some YS French bread to use (I chopped it into lengths and froze it) and I remembered that I really liked these pizzas when they first came out.
I also had some home grown/made passata and some ham trimmings.
Sorry about the vagueness of the ingredients but it's just what I had!  You don't need much of anything really

Ingredients.
some French bread (about 10 to 12cm long) - or you could use a crusty roll or even a chunky slice of bread!
some passata
oregano, seasonings
bits of ham
bits of pineapple (I reserved some from my breakfast portion which was a quarter of a Savers can)
a tsp oil
bit of onion, sliced
bit of sweet corn (from a bag of frozen corn)
3-g finely grated cheddar
a few olives if you have any (I didn't)

Method
Heat oven to 180C
Reduce the passata down, adding herbs/seasonings to taste.  A bit of garlic puree would be nice.
Soften the onion and corn in a little butter until soft

Cut through the piece of French bread lengthwise.
Spread over the reduced and thickened passata, then add the onion, corn, ham and pineapple.  Season if wanted.  I then added some oregano leaves from the garden.
Sprinkle over the grated cheese and top with olives (optional)

Place on baking sheet and I used a bit of scrunched up foil to keep them level.  Bake for about 15 mins until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Serve with salad.  Or chips.  Or whatever you fancy really.

With my apfs, frugal purchases and bits from the garden, it came to 46p.  It would be more if I had needed to buy everything at full price, of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment