Monday 12 June 2017

Day 8

 . . . and the second £1.50 day.

B:  Strawberries (garden) and natural yogurt (apf) with a sprinkle of museli (gifted) on top
L:  beans (8p) on toast (apf)
D:  chicken and veg curry (81p or 94p) with rice (50g dry, 7p)
      chicken:  28p
      onion: 2p
      some sweet potato:  apf
      mushroom:  14p
      pepper:  16p
      carrot: 2p
      curry powder: 10p
      other spices, etc:  apf
      coconut milk:  9p
      either some chopped tomatoes from last year's crop out of the freezer or half a can chopped                 tomatoes:  free or 13p
I've costed out the curry but I suspect, looking at what I'm putting into it, that it will make two portions, so that will more or less halve the cost.
S/S:  strawberries (garden) and yogurt (apf)

(apf means 'already paid for' which means when I bought the item I took the whole cost from the budget rather than doing it per portion. It works for things like lettuce, cabbage, milk, yogurt, oil, etc, where working out one portion would make life a lot more complicated!
YS means Yellow Sticker - reduced)


End of the day
As planned, pretty much, although I did alter the curry a bit, adding another bit of chicken (which are actually 26p each, not 28p) and I added some peas and some tomato puree (an apf).  I found passata and I added a chicken stock cube to it.  As a result, it has made three good portions - can't complain about that!

B:  Total 0p
L:  Total  8p
D:  Total just under 50p

This was supposed to be a £1.50 day but I'm going to call it a £1.00 day instead as it has come out a lot lower than I expected and I have two more 50p dinners cooling for the freezer.

Today I spent 58p, a LOT less than I expected - it's all those 'already paid fors', that's what it is!
Budget so far £8.50
Spent: £7.10
Money in hand:  £1.40

No comments:

Post a Comment