Sunday 25 June 2017

Day 17

. . . and probably a £1.50 day today.

B:  beans (8p) on toast (apf), brown sauce (2p), apple (7p)
L:  cheese toastie (20p), salad (left over from yesterday so apf), fruit (approx 10p)
D:  pasta with sardines, chilli and lemon (approx 40p), yogurt (apf) and pineapple (6p)
S/S:  more fruit  (to be costed as eaten)

Lots of fruit this week!  I went shopping yesterday and there were some good deals.  I got peaches, flat peaches, plums, apples and the usual bananas.  It's just as well I love fruit.
The flat peaches (I think they're called 'doughnut' peaches) were 49p in Tesco and I got two packs of seven.  The numbers varies depending on weight but fruit is eaten in units usually, not weight.

I found the pasta recipe online, in an old Guardian article.  If it works, I'll post about it later.

(apf means 'already paid for' which means when I bought the item I took the whole cost from the budget rather than doing it per portion. It works for things like lettuce, cabbage, milk, yogurt, oil, etc, where working out one portion would make life a lot more complicated!
YS means Yellow Sticker - reduced)



End of day update

It's been a rather delicious day, to be honest and it's definitely a £1.50.  Lunch was tasty, dinner was scrummy and it was nice to have more fruit.

B:  Total 17p

L:  Total 27p
D:  Total 45p
S/S:  Total 45p (peaches and 30g cheese)

Today I spent £1.34
Budget so far £18.00
Spent: £16.70
Money in hand:  £1.30


I will post about the pasta in a separate message.


Lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment