Tuesday 9 May 2017

Recipe: chicken and potato fricassee

This one started off on the Love Potatoes site.  I have adapted it and reduced it down in amount and here you go.



Ingredients (for one - amounts are approx)
A piece of chicken - I used a cheap frozen chicken breast thing from Aldi but it could be a boneless thigh, breast, whatever.  Or turkey; that would be nice
lemon (the recipe said zest, I used juice because I have a bottle of the stuff)
seasonings

50g new potatoes - I washed but didn't peel them
25g frozen peas
half a small onion, sliced
a squidge of garlic puree
50ml vegetable stock - I used 1/4 of a stock cube
20 mls double cream.  If you don't have double cream, use a splash of milk and some soft cheese.  It won't be the same but it will still be tasty.
some shredded lettuce (which I totally forgot about, idiot that I am!)
chopped parsley (ditto - never mind, it was still lovely)

Method:
Earlier in the day, marinade the chicken in some lemon juice and seasonings.  You could always cook the potato and peas earlier too.

Later:
Cook the peas and potato if not done earlier.  Slice the potato.  Set both aside.
Remove the chicken from the marinade, slice it and fry in a little oil until almost cooked through.  Set aside.

In the same pan, add more oil if needed.  Saute the onion and, when nearly done, add the garlic and cook for another minute or so.  Add the potato with the stock and bring to a simmer.  Add the peas and the cream.  Taste and season as needed.  Stir in the shredded lettuce and the chopped parsley.  Finally, add the sliced chicken and rehear to piping hot.

I served it with some roasted parsnips that I cooked while making up the recipe.


It was really and truly delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment