Saturday 7 October 2017

Recipe: 'quesadilla'

Not authentic, not in the least, but it was very tasty so here's what I did

Ingredients:
two small wraps (mine were home made)
some grated cheese (I used cheddar)
some onion, red pepper and mushroom, softened in a little oil
some ham, cut into bits
tomato sauce.  I used passata made with garden tomatoes with a bit of garlic, a bit of chilli puree and some tomato puree, bubbled away until thicker

To make up:
place a sheet of foil in the grill pan.  on it layer a wrap, some grated cheese, the vegetables and ham, spoon over the tomato sauce, the rest of the the cheese, a bit of salt, pepper and a sprinkle of mixed herbs and finally the other wrap.  Push it down gently.

Cover with another piece of foil and pop under a medium grill until the fillings are hot and the cheese is melting.  Take off the foil and let the top crisp up a bit.

Serve with salad.


It had too much filling and needed to be eaten with a knife and fork but it was so delicious, I didn't care.  I wish I had taken a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment