Monday 30 October 2017

The freezer challenge, day 50

This seems to be taking ages.  I suppose the trouble is the freezer is big and there's just one of me so with the best will in the world I can't get through loads each day!  If I fed four it would be a lot faster.

Today's plans:
B:  porridge with maple syrup
L:  toast and cake (the cake is for someone's birthday)
D:  peppercorn kiev, corn on the cob, wedges; yogurt

From the freezer:
the peppercorn kiev (taking up far more room that it deserved because of the packaging)
the corn on the cob
bread for the toast (enough for three so I will use more)

The frugal factor
(I like that name - I might call this blog The Frugal Factor once the freezer challenge is finished)
Porridge is always great value and I have milk to use up so will make it with all milk.  Nice and creamy and perfect for a cold morning
The bread is home made and I will put out jam, etc, also home made.
The kiev was YS, the corn is from my dad's garden and the wedges will be home made.

Later edit:  Well, I've Googled and it seems to be an unused blog name so I shall change the name right now!  It will cover everything this particular blog is about, more or less, and I like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment