Wednesday 25 October 2017

Using leftovers

I'm not able to continue with the freezer challenge right now but I thought I'd share this (copied from my 'main' blog).

I had a bit of soup left over from a can of chicken broth.  It's not like cream of chicken, it is a thinner soup with added veg and shreds of chicken.  I'm not fond of it as a soup (it's OK but nothing beats home made, does it?) but I fried up some onion and yellow pepper, added the soup leftovers with a splash of white wine and a bit of a chicken stock cube and added some chicken breast fillet, sliced, before thickening it with some thickening granules.and it was absolutely delicious!  I shall remember that!

I also had a bit of tinned pineapple left so stewed it with one cooking apple and had it with custard (good old Birds, of course).  Totally scrummy!

Leftovers are cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment