Saturday 22 April 2017

Recipe: rhubarb and ginger loaf

I saw this recipe in this week's 'Woman' magazine, which I bought on an impulse because it said 'a week of £1 and under dinners' on the cover.  Leafing through, I found this and I gave it a go yesterday.

I used rhubarb that I had frozen and thawed it gently in the microwave.
It came out deliciously (although fresh rhubarb would have been better and next times I will use fresh) so I thought I'd share.  Here's a link to the recipe.
http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/540091/rhubarb-and-ginger-loaf
Instead of one 1kg loaf tin, I used two llb loaf tins which were fine and which didn't shorten the cooking time by much, and I used a tin liner rather than faffing about with strips of paper.  Also I used Stork instead of butter.

I'll change a few things next time.
As well as using fresh fruit, I will also add a bit more ginger (or try another spice instead) and I will cut the rhubarb a bit smaller.

It was difficult to cut yesterday, very difficult, but this morning it's fine and it tastes so good, I thought I'd share.

No comments:

Post a Comment