Monday 14 June 2021

Monday, 14-06-21

 Good morning.  
Things are still not good, food-wise.  I've always been a comfort eater and control this by not giving that sort of food and shelf space in my home.  Where I am at the moment, I have no choice, the stuff is there and calls out to me.  Oh, dear!

One meal at a time, eh - just take it one meal at a time.

However, I did remember to take some photos so . . .

What I ate yesterday:

Breakfast was a smoothie made with a peach, an easy peeler, strawberries, blueberries, yogurt, milk and a bit of stevia and very nice it was too.   No photo though.

Lunch was chicken salad and I made a dressing using one tbsp each of 0% fat crème fraiche, super low mayo and balsamic vinegar plus some lemon juice, garlic granules and water to slacken it.
The base of crème fraiche and mayo really does make a very nice dressing/sauce for just one syn and then you can whatever other flavours you want really.  Honey and mustard would be nice, I think.
Then dinner was a Hello Fresh meal, sweet chilli beef and it was delicious.  This is the lot, two portions for under 500 calories each and you would have to syn the sweet chilli sauce and the sesame seeds.   I had less than half so I'm thinking it might do me two more lunches which would be good.

And then, unfortunately, all the snacking started.  Oh, dear.  However, during the day, because I kept busy, it was much better, so that's possibly the way to go.  I have to do something or I won't have anything to wear.


On to today and the plans are:

B:  bacon, egg, mushrooms and tomatoes
I fancy a cooked breakfast today.  I've brought my spray oil from home so can use that to keep the calories/syns down.  I might splash out on a slice of 'fried' bread for the egg to go on - using spray oil to keep the syns down, of course.

L:  sweet chilli beef; fruit
Yesterday's leftovers and I am estimating around 330 calories, assuming the whole lot has given me three portions.  Good old microwave!

D:  pizza, salad; yogurt
Before you mutter 'too many syns/calories' I hasten to say that it's one of those Sainsbury's lower calorie pizzas so my conscience is clear.  The salad will be  just a simple one with a spray dressing.

E:  I will be going up and down stairs all day so I reckon that will be my exercise for the day.

5 comments:

  1. No-one's going to mutter anything, Joy....except, well done, you're doing your best in very difficult circumstances. As you say, one meal at a time. Snacking isn't a capital offence! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin > Good point, thanks. But I really do have to do something or I seriously won't have clothes I can get in to.
      You are absolutely right though. Time to be kind to myself - proper kind, not snacks kind.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I'm a grazer and it is a difficult habit to break. You have done so well and you'll be back on track in no time. The chilli beef looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was nice and so simple too. Apart from the sesame seeds, I have everything in (at home). xx

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you are still monitoring your food intake. I'm sure it helps to keep you on the straight and narrow.

    ReplyDelete