Wednesday 30 June 2021

Wednesday, 30-06-21

 Morning!
A great start to my renewed healthy eating yesterday.  I really enjoyed everything and it was so nice to be eating meals cooked from fresh/scratch again.
One day down, now for today!

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast was one slice of wholemeal toast with some rather over-fried tomatoes (still OK though) and three scrambled eggs.  Very nice and kept me going until dinner time.
The colours in this photo have come out all funny, especially the tuna mayo, sorry.  It was very tasty and, to my great delight, the cucumber was from the garden- yummy!
I had planned an apple but didn't go shopping so I had an out of date kvarg instead - and it was perfectly OK.
The dressing is Heinz balsamic with a hint of garlic spray dressing.  It's most acceptable.

I felt nibbly late afternoon - a result of all the grab and snack behaviour recently, I guess.   As I hadn't planned any healthy extra As, I nibbled on some cheese triangles and made a nice pot of tea so that was one and a bit of my As.
This was lovely.  The salmon was actually a smoked salmon fillet; I have both in the freezer and that's the kind that came to hand.  I just baked it for 15 mins and then topped it with sliced cucumber (from the garden).
The sauce was one tbsp super light mayo (half a syn), one tsp tomato puree, half a tsp Dijon mustard (half a syn) and some lime juice to slacken.  Maybe next time I'll halve the amount of mustard but it was jolly nice.
The veg was some frozen mixed Chinese stir fry veg and I added a tbsp Tesco oyster sauce (free) at the end.
Dessert was a yogurt


Today's plans:

B:  eggs on toast with mushrooms and tomatoes; banana
One slice of toast and two eggs, probably fried the SW friendly way.  I'm so looking forward to the day when I can go out and pick the breakfast tomatoes directly before they are needed; the plants in the garden are doing well, considering the weather we have had this year.
SW:  one slice of toast is half a B choice, if I have half fat butter it will be two syns and the rest is free or speed

L:  cheesy tuna melts, salad, coleslaw; apple
This is a recipe from the SW site that I have made before.  As I have tuna left over from yesterday and a slice of bread to make up my healthy extra B, this will work well.  I just make the coleslaw with fresh veg and super light mayo/fromage frais
SW:  half a healthy extra B, one healthy extra A, one syn for mayo

D:  pork curry, konjac rice, broccoli; fruit foam
I think this recipe is from the Good To Eat site and it is fairly bog standard.  I'll most likely add some mushroom and pepper to the mix.
After making lunch, I will have an egg white left, hence choosing to make the fruit foam which is frozen fruit, egg white, skinny syrup and a good old whisk in Thermione.
SW:  On the SW site, curry pastes are between one and half a syn for a tbsp so let's counmt it as a syn to be on the safe side.  The 'rice' is one syn and, as I will be using spray oil, the rest is protein, free and speed

E:   I have an appointment with Lindsey this afternoon, not to work out but to discuss physio sort of exercises for my calves and have some massage.  I had a very gentle bounce on the rebounded yesterday and felt that it helped so I will do more of that today.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
five syns


I was a bit naughty yesterday.

I have a slow cooker in the form of my Instant Pot, and very good it is too but it's huge.  Usually huge is good, for batch cooking, but sometimes I want something a lot smaller to do just one or two portions and no more.  After a bit of trawling on Amazon, I have ordered a small slow cooker, just one and a half litres and it should be coming today.  At one and a half litres, it should be just the right size.

The other news is that I'm feeling the urge to bake a bit of bread today.  Something nice and homey and comfortable.  Wholemeal, of course.  Even if SW didn't promote wholemeal, I would anyway - I like it very much.

4 comments:

  1. There's nothing quite so nice as homemade wholemeal bread. We don't make it very often as I find it just too moreish! Although homemade bread certainly affects my guts a LOT less than bought bread. Won't it be lovely to have your own tomatoes very soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it will, Sooze. They're a long way from being ready, due to the poor weather, but they might very well go on later. I just love picking, cooking and eating them - there's nothing quite so nice.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to resist the urge to start making my own bread again as I know I will put on weight again if I do that!

    My first and only tomato (so far) is starting to turn red 😀. It's a cherry tomato so don't think I can actually make a meal from it but it will be savoured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will taste wonderful . . .
      and I know what you mean.
      xx

      Delete