Thursday 1 July 2021

Thursday, 01-07-21

 Goods morning, everyone.  Two down and all is still well.  It feels good to get back to proper eating again after so much rubbish.  Why do I forget so easily?

Yesterday's meals:

I'd planned for two eggs but decided that one was quite enough - and it was.
I'd half eaten this before remembering about the photo. It doesn't look great but it was lovely.  I won't make such a fussy melt mixture next time though - I reckon tuna, mayo, grated cheese and something with flavour, like horseradish sauce, will be great.
I had an apple for afters and later on in the afternoon I had a nectarine.

The recipe for the cheesy tuna melts is on the SW site, if you are able to access that.
The little slow cooker arrived in time for me to make the pork curry in it.  I'm so glad I bought it, it's perfect for one.
I finished off the curry for seconds before having a kvarg and some strawberries.

I posted the link to the recipe yesterday and I added some tomato puree, mushrooms and peppers to up the speed content.

A delicious day's eating!


Today's plans:

B:  sausages, beans, toast; banana
I fancied a change from eggs today although I do still have loads.  The sausages are M&S low fat Cumberland chipolatas which I've not had before so we will see.
SW:  half a healthy extra B for one slice of toast, half a syn for a tbsp bbq sauce and one syn for a tsp half fat butter for the toast

L:  spicy chicken casserole with konjac rice and a side salad; apple
There's half a can of chopped tomatoes and a portion of the not-rice left over so I've put it all together with some cooked chicken and some veg to make a casserole. 
What I did was slice a bit of onion, some yellow pepper and two mushrooms and popped them in my new mini slow cooker (although a saucepan would work just as well), finely chopped a quarter of a mini chorizo sausage for two syns and slice two little cooked chicken fillets in piri piri seasoning (one syn for the whole pack and I might nibble the rest if I get peckish late afternoon) and added them before pouring in the half can of chopped tomatoes left over from yesterday with some chicken stock, some black pepper, some garlic granules and some water.  I've set it to auto and it should be cooked and bubbling by lunchtime.  I'll add the leftover konjac rice half an hour or so before meal time.
I haven't planned any A choices yet so may very well top it all with some grated cheddar - I'll see how it tastes.
SW:  one healthy extra A and one syn for the konjac rice, one syn for the whole pack of chicken and two for the bit of chorizo

D:  home made burger, slow fried onions, sweet corn, peppers; yogurt
I will use 12% mince to make the burger and not use a bun.  It'll probably be spicy in some way - I will see what my spice shelf throws up.  Or I might use this which looks rather good.   
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/splendidly_spicy_beef_28887
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt and two syns for the mince plus half a syn for the yogurt

E:  some gentle rebounding and some time on the exercise bike.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
half a healthy extra B
eight and a half syns


2 comments:

  1. Well done for getting back to it, Joy. It's quite amazing how much better we feel when we eat better, one can almost hear our body say thank you and feel it smile and really enjoy good food coming in. I hope you're ok. (BTW, I had my gall bladder removed 3 weeks ago and feeling fine so far). Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's good news. I am so glad it all went well. Long may it continue
      And thanks.
      xx

      Delete