Saturday 24 July 2021

Saturday, 24-07-21

 Good morning.

Weigh in results first.  Well, you could have knocked me down with a spring onion - two pounds off.  How that happened is anyone's guess but I'll not say no.  :-)

During the morning, the Hello Fresh box arrived.  The four meals I chose are all from their 'under 600 calories' range, and are:
cheesy naked Mexican style burger with shallot relish, baby gem salad and wedges
sweet and sour style chicken with pepper and rice
Bombay style lamb curry with potatoes and green beans
bacon and butternut squash risotto with chilli and cheese

The first thing one must do is open everything, take out the recipe cards and check that all the ingredients are there - which they were.  I actually tick them off on the card.
Then I check the dates of any meat and dairy products because that might determine when you have each dish.  This time it was all fine.
Then put everything away (obviously) and recycle as much of the packaging as you can.

I decided to have the burger first.  I changed some parts - I didn't make the shallot relish, for a start, I just couldn't be bothered - how lazy is that!  Nor did I use the coriander - I hate that herb with a passion.  Also, I didn't make the salad dressing - I preferred to use some of the spray dressing I have,
And what was very puzzling was that the sachet of Mexican spice had vanished.  I know it was there, I ticked it off but . . . nowhere to be seen.  Not to worry, I Googled  and knocked together my own spice mix which was really nice.
All I had to do was start off the wedges in the actifry,  Mix the mince with breadcrumbs, water and the Mexican spice mix and mix it all really well.  Shape it into patties and fry.  I enjoyed it very, very nuch indeed.

Yesterday's meal photos:

A whoppa of a breakfast for 446 calories and it kept me full for ages.  To be fair, I didn't get back in until nearly twelve so it was more lunch time than breakfast time anyway.
It came to 446 calories
Dinner was the Hello Fresh meal, cheesy naked Mexican burger with shallot relish, salad and wedges as described above.
I put what I actually had into Nutracheck and it came out as 619 calories - but that was because I had all the cheese, not half.  It made one healthy A.

The recipe is for two so I have another burger (I just made enough of the chips and salad) so that's sorted out lunch today.






That made a total of 1065 calories but I rather filled the calorie void with some nibbles of cheese and some home made fruity gin, naughty me.  It definitely took me over calories and syns but not above maintenance limits so I don't feel guilty.

Today's totally back on track plans:

B:  waffles, yogurt and fruit
Because it is Saturday, I'm treating myself.  Calling the wholemeal flour a B choice (not strictly SW legal but there is valid reasoning behind it) makes these waffles extremely SW friendly
SW:  if I use Mullerlight, it will be half a syn

L:  Mexican style burger with salad and coleslaw; fruit
Using the second burger which comes to 275 calories with home made coleslaw and salad - for which I have cucumber and five little tomatoes from the garden.  Lovely!
I have that half melon still to use up so that will be the fruit.
SW:  the mince in the burger will be two and a half syns and the panko breadcrumbs will be two syns.  Mayo for the coleslaw will be a maximum of one syn

D:  sweet and sour style chicken with pepper and rice; yogurt
I'm really hoping the sauce ingredients make a nice sweet and sour sauce, fingers crossed.  I'm subbing the basmati rice for konjac rice - has to be synned but the calorie difference is amazing.
SW:  one syn for cornflour, two for ketjap manis, one and a half for ketchup and half for dessert

Summary:
a bit low on the healthy As, but I did have a fair bit more than that yesterday!
one healthy extra B
eleven syns


(and I bet that Mexican spice mix turns up today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment