Thursday 22 July 2021

Thursday, 22-07-21

 Good morning.  This week has been difficult for lots of reasons.  Very emotional, for a start.  I've tried but not done terribly well but that's to be expected and I will get back on track.  Yesterday things were going fine until the evening.    1/6 - not great!  Oh, well.

I'm not beating myself up about it.  It is what it is and now it is time to put it aside and make a real and concerted effort.  It is true that funerals give a sort of closure.  Now I move on.

Yesterday's photos:

Just some cherries and berries for breakfast.
Beth and Alex were here for lunch so it's just as general photo.  Ham salad.
The burger was rather tasty.  It was layered bread, bacon, burger, cheese, burger, bacon, bread and when I picked it up to eat it the whole lot fell apart.  Not to worry, it was delicious, all the same.

I used what I had left of some Slimwell frozen chips but I won't buy them again, it's just as easy to peel and cut a potato, much cheaper and twice as nice.



Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
I have blueberries to pick and, maybe, a few strawberries.
SW:  if I use a Mullerlight, half a syn

L:  cheesy chicken quesadillas, salad, coleslaw; fruit
One chicken breast will do for both meals.  I will oven bake it this morning and then I can shred it.
SW:  one  healthy extra A (cheese) and one B (the wrap) unless I choose to use a piece of lo dough, in which case it is two syns instead.  Also I might have another 15g cheese which will be three syns - I do like a cheesy effect.  Mayo will be another syn and a half.

D:  chicken and bacon risotto, salad; yogurt
The risotto isn't a recipe, it's just a typical risotto (without wine and butter!) and I have some real chicken stock in the freezer which will be good to use.  I'll probably use Thermione; that way I don't have to stand over it, stirring and getting hot and sweaty,
After my last experience when 50g of rice made way too much, I'm cutting it to 30g.  I know that doesn't sound a lot but I don't want a lot, I just want one portion with room for a side salad and by the time I have added the chicken, the bacon and other bits and bobs of vegetables, it will be more than enough.
SW:  one healthy extra A in the form of Italian cheese and half a syn for the dessert

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns

2 comments:

  1. I smiled at the thought of you trying to wrap your jaws around that burger. It sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, I did chuckle over it all. Messy but delicious!
      xx

      Delete