Saturday 31 July 2021

Saturday, 31-07-21

 Good morning.  
Weigh in yesterday and I was so pleased to have lost two pounds.  So much for 'feelings', eh?  Now on to a new week.

I bought the summer edition of BBC Easy Cook.  I really like this magazine; it's what the BBC Good Food mag used to be like before it turned all arty farty and gastro to keep up with Delicious and Olive.  Anyway, there are always several recipes that are unintentionally SW friendly as well as others that can be adapted very easily so that's another source of ideas!

Yesterday's meals.

These strawberry pancakes were lovely, very satisfying.  I added skinny syrup and some chopped strawberries to the batter which made it a bit runny so they came off the teppan oddly shaped..

I had already had a banana that I took with me to SW.


Breakfast, including the banana was 357 calories
The cheg wrap was also nice although lo dough can be a bit like eating cardboard.  I think one needs to spread some kind of sauce all over before wrapping - I could have spread the cheg and then rolled or wrapped - I'll do that next time.
Lunch finished off with an apple.

It was around 400 calories - I forgot to weigh the salad bits.

I'm quite annoyed to find that I don't have a photo of dinner on my camera - I could swear I took several but maybe not.
Anyway, I did go over both syns and calories with a fruity gin or two but it was a planned going over, not a crash so I'm happy with that.  The steak was lovely and the chips also.  I've discovered that if you remember to take the paddle out of the actifry for the last ten minutes, the chips don't get bashed up quite so much.
I had some ice cream for dessert.  Planned so not naughty and I enjoyed it with a clear conscience.
Today's plans:

B:  beans on toast
My mind was a blank about breakfast so I thought 'what do I really fancy' and my brain dredged this up.  Lovely, simple, tasty beans on toast.  With grated cheese on top.  Delicious!
SW:   one healthy extra B for one slice of wholemeal, one syn for a tsp lower fat butter (so called) and one healthy extra A for 30g cheddar.  If I add a tbsp bbq sauce to the beans, that's half a syn.
One slice of the wholemeal I use should be half a B but I am using the crust which is heavier and very close to the equivalent of two slices.

L:  mini quiches, salad; fruit
It was a recipe from the aforementioned Easy Cook mag that reminded me of this.  I have a lo dough to use up but didn't want to have another wrap.
Using the biggest pastry cutter I can, I will cut two rings out of the lo dough and push them into a muffin tin.  Then beat eggs, soften onion and whatever and add to the egg mix, add cheese and pour into the cases, sprinkle cheese on top and bake.
There will be leftover bits of lo dough and I will pop them in the oven too, to crisp up and have on the side.
This is the link to the original recipe but I will be adapting it quite a bit.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/mini-pizza-quiches
SW:  two syns for the lo dough (I still think these should be free - when you consider that pasta and rice is free . . . ), one healthy extra A for the cheese and whatever syns my salad dressing of choice uses - it won't be more than one syn.

D:  crispy chilli beef, konjac noodles; yogurt
I found this recipe yesterday while searching for something to use up the other half of the steak I had yesterday as it was an absolute whoppa of a chunk of meat.  This is a SW recipe so I will post the link for those of you that have access to the site.
https://member.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/crispy-chilli-beef
I'll use konjac noodles instead of egg noodles.  It's a great long list of ingredients but, fortunately, I have everything in so it's a goer!
SW:  it says one and a half syns per serving and I'm guessing that's for the cornflour and brown sauce.  Dessert will be half a syn.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
six and a half syns

Pretty much the perfect SW day!  :-)


2 comments:

  1. Well done on the 2lbs, you're a star Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. I was so pleased. Maybe I will start feeling it soon as well. xx

      Delete