Thursday 8 July 2021

Friday, 09-07-21

 Good morning.  The first weigh in of the new campaign and I'm not fussed.  the weekend at Dad's was a bit upsy down but the last four weekdays have been fine.  If I haven't lost, I know why and it's not a problem.

Yesterday's meals:

I had breakfast in dribs and drabs so no photo.  Just imagine an apple, a nectarine and a banana with a little bowl of natural yogurt.  :-)

This lunch turned out much better than I had expected.   I used about half the can of kidney beans in a chilli sauce, plus a but extra sauce.  I mixed it with some softened chopped onion, a bit of chicken stock powder and added a couple of dsp of dry couscous - not much - warmed the whole lot up and then left it to rehydrate.  The 'mixed pulses' in the freezer turned out to be just butterbeans but that was OK, I added a few and mashed them in just a bit before adding salt, pepper and garlic granules.  The salsa was just chopped red onion and cucumber with lime juice.
And I totally forgot to add any grated cheese so I nibbled some later on.

A burger sandwich works really well!




Today's planned meals:

B:  bacon and mushroom omelette with tomatoes on the side
So easy to make.  I might spray fry off some chopped onions too for added flavour.
SW:  free and speed

L:  cheesy bean quesadillas with a side salad; apple
I will mash some more of the beans in chilli sauce with some softened onion (must remember to do more for breakfast and save some for this) and maybe seasonings, spread over half a wrap, sprinkle over grated cheese, fold over and warm in a dry pan.
SW:  one and a half healthy extra As for cheese, one B for the wrap and up to one syn for any salad dressing

D:  steak with a mushroom sauce, chips, salad (what a surprise!) and coleslaw; kvarg
steak is a Friday treat and I will do the chips in the actifry with one tsp real oil.
The mushroom sauce is just some finely chopped mushrooms, softened in a bit of spray oil and with a few light triangles melted in.  Not the best sauce in the world but it adds flavour.
SW:  half an A choice for the cheese triangles, two syns for one tsp oil, up to one syn for coleslaw mayo, half a syn for spray dressing and half a syn for the kvarg

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
five syns

If I have anything between meals, it is fruit or lean protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment