Saturday 17 July 2021

Saturday, 17-07-21

 Morning!
Well, yesterday was a disappointment with just a maintain.  I know that they say a maintain is better than a gain and so it is but I've been on plan all week so hoped for more.  Mind you, I did say yesterday I didn't feel as if I'd lost anything so there you go.  I went a bit off plan yesterday evening so have finished the SW week with a 6/7 mark. 

What to do?  Well, I just continue on plan and see what next week brings.  If the results aren't better next week, I will look at portion sizes although I mostly use a small plate so the portions do look better than they really are - that's a strategy!
Jen thinks it might be because my emotions are all up and down (which they are) and my sleep patterns are awry.  Bless her, she trusts me when I say I've been on plan properly (which I have) and doesn't hint that maybe I am self deceiving.  I appreciate that very much.

I am enjoying being on plan again, there are some great recipes in the new SW mag and the new book that I want to try, so there's no temptation to go off track in any way at the moment.

And so we continue . . .

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast was snatched between SW and a chat in the garden with Chris so no photos.  It ended up as a banana and two nectarines (which are delicious at the moment).

It was such a warm and sunny morning, I really didn't fancy boiled eggs so I had another wrap, this time ham salad.  I have slices of cooked ham in the freezer and used a bit of that.  I'm loving the garden cucumbers - at the moment I only have to blink and there's another one to pick.  Fortunately, the are not large ones, they're around the length of my hand.



Later on I got my healthy As in via some nibbles of cheese.  Nice.
And then - off plan.
Too many chips for a start and more onion chutney than planned, but I did have the syns for that.
No, what took me off plan is the few fruity gins I enjoyed through the evening, rhubarb gin made with allotment rhubarb.  It was really nice.

Straight back on plan now.


Today's plans:

B:  yogurt and fruit
Three days running, I know but today there's a reason.  In the garden, I have two strawberries, one raspberry and a scattering of blueberries ripe and ready to eat plus a melon in the kitchen that feels just perfect.
SW:  speed and free, no syns

L:  tuna Marie Rose and cucumber roll, side salad; melon slices
The roll filling is from the SW site - if you have access, you will find it here.  Basically, it is tuna, fromage frais tomato puree, lemon juice and dill.  I have loads of cucumber!
SW:  one healthy extra B, two syns for low fat 'butter' (ha ha) and some spray salad dressing for half a syn

D:  chicken fajita pasta bake, salad; yogurt
Another from the SW site and one I have made before and very much enjoyed.  I'm torn between making one portion or two, one for today and one for when I go up to Dad's for the funeral.
It's basically a dish I have been making for ever; the children used to love it when they were little.  It's loaded with all the veg I really love and I will add some mushrooms, just because.
Again, if you have access to the SW site, it is here.
SW:  one or two healthy extra As, half a syn for spray dressing and half for yogurt

Summary:
one to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
three and a half syns

Fingers crossed, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment