Tuesday 6 July 2021

Tuesday, 06-07-21

 Good morning, everyone.

One day successfully down this week, four more to go (until the weekend, I mean).  Taking it just one day at a time.
I am VERY thankful that I didn't get rid of all my size 12 jeans.  When the weight was going down, to get into size 12 was a real triumph.  When you're travelling in the opposite direction, to go back up to 12 feels very different but I tell myself it's not that bad, it could be worse, it won't be like that for long . . .all of which is absolutely true.
And so I am very thankful for my size 12 jeans.

Yesterday's meals.

I skipped most of breakfast.  By the time I'd pottered in the kitchen, bathed and got dressed, etc, all I fancied was a banana so that's what I had.  

This is lunch - I missed the lovely, creamy texture of proper mayo in the coronation mixture but it was OK, nice and filling.  I had an apple for afters


Dinner was great.  Packed with veg and lean protein, it went down a treat.  So did the yogurt for dessert.

I softened chopped tomatoes, then added a bit of roasted red pepper from a jar and some chopped mushroom followed by some passata, some frozen mixed veg, some mixed herbs, garlic granules, salt, pepper, chicken stock and  bit of water because it was very thick.  Finally I added the cooked chicken and warmed up the konjac noodles and served with 35g finely grated cheddar on top.  It made loads but all very low fat and packed with veg and I ate the lot.  Lovely!


Today's plans:
B: omelette wrap with bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes; banana
To be honest, I don't feel particularly enthusiastic about this.  I might go for a smoothie instead.
SW:  if I have the planned breakfast, it should be speed and free, if I have a smoothie, I will spend three syns on 20g oats to add to the fruit and half a healthy extra A for some milk

L:  chicken salad sandwich, pitta or wrap, side salad; apple
Using up more of the Sunday chicken, I will shred it roughly, mix it with mayo or another sauce and pile it into bread, pitta or wrap
SW:  the chicken is protein, the mayo will be a maximum of one and a half syns, the bread or whatever will be my healthy extra B and the rest is speed.

D:  chilli con carne with konjac noodles, side veg; yogurt
I made this yesterday in the slow cooker, using mostly odds and ends from the freezer, simmering away pretty much all day.  It's very heavy on veg and I used under 5% mince so it is totally free (the chilli, I mean).  The noodles are the other half of what I opened yesterday.
It's pretty spicy so I expect I will add a good old dollop of yogurt to it.
And it made loads so that's another meal already prepared.  Nice.
SW:  the chilli is syn free, the noodles are one syn and the yogurt is half a syn

Summary:
maybe half a healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
maximum of six syns



2 comments:

  1. the may be a dumb question and I don't know if I've asked this before but what are konjac noodles please, and is there a specific reason for having them rather than ordinary egg noodles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are plant based 'noodle' type things, very low carb and higher in protein, also very low calorie but surprisingly filling. Not exactly like real noodles but it works for me.
      There's a link here - cut and paste. https://www.barenakedfoods.co.uk/
      xx

      Delete