Sunday 25 July 2021

Sunday, 25-07-21

 Good morning.

Yesterday's photos:

A very Saturday kind of breakfast and delicious too.
This was 272 calories, according to Nutracheck.

Oh, my!  This was so good.  The burger was nicer second day as most spicy things are.  As I had no As planned, I topped it with 30g cheddar (so much nicer than the Monterey Jack Hello Fresh provided).
This, and the half melon I had later in the afternoon was 453 calories.

Burgers are so very easy and so adaptable - I ought to have them more often.

Dinner was the Hello Fresh sweet and sour chicken.  The sauce was really nice and definitely one to remember.  It's roughly one part ketchup to two parts ketjap manis (you can get it in M&S next to the soy sauce) and about three parts rice wine vinegar.  The chicken had been tossed in cornflour so that was the thickener.
The spring onion on top was OK but a few scattered cashew nuts would have been lovely and maybe less onion and some mushrooms would be good too.
It was filling and I'm very glad I have the other half left for lunch tomorrow.
The calories, including the yogurt, came to 347 (I subbed konjac rice for the basmati rice which brought it down)

I finished off the evening with an apple, speed, 47 calories

So total calories for a very delicious day came to 1119 which is not great but I was really full up and had no room for anything else.  What can you do?

Today's meal plans

B:  pancakes with fruit and yogurt
Yes, I had pancakes not so long ago but this is Sunday and pancakes with a cafetiere of fresh coffee feels just perfect.
I was wondering why I hadn't had waffles and pancakes for a while and maybe it was partly because, to me, they feel like a weekend treat and I was often at Dad's on Saturdays and Sundays once allowed again.  
SW:  one healthy extra B for 35g wholemeal SR flour  and half a syn for yogurt

L:  sweet and sour style chicken with peppers and konjac rice; fruit
This is the other portion of yesterday's dinner, all made up and ready to reheat.  It was delicious and I am really looking forward to it.
SW:  as yesterday, one syn for cornflour, two for ketjap manis, one and half for ketchup plus one syn for the konjac rice

D:  Bombay style lamb curry with potatoes and green beans; yogurt
I think, looking at the ingredients, etc, I will stick to the recipe on this one, the third of my Hello Fresh meals for this week.  In the picture, it does look lovely and fresh.
As I'm making it straight, I'm going with the 425 calories the recipe says.
SW:  I don't know how fatty the minced lamb is.  It looks OK but SW says to count it as five syns so who am I to argue?  One and a half syns for mango chutney and the rest seems to be free or speed.  Also, half a syn for yogurt

Summary:
no healthy extra As - not brilliant although I am having yogurt
one healthy extra B
thirteen syns - a bit high but if I'm cutting the healthy As, that's twelve syns-worth of calories paid pack, so to speak.


No comments:

Post a Comment