Sunday 11 July 2021

Sunday, 11-07-21

 Morning!
Yesterday went a lot better after Friday evening's blip.    If I can manage today as well, that will be 6/7 days on plan and I can't complain about that.  So much better than previous weeks.  Something to be thankful for.

Yesterday's meal photos:

I really had forgotten how much I enjoy pancakes (and waffles) made to my own SW friendly (with a bit of a rule bend) recipe.
35g self raising wholemeal flour (which I call a healthy B)
scant half tsp baking powder
one egg
about half a mullerlight
a bit of stevia
water, to get to the right thickness

Put the flour and baking powder in a bowl and whisk in the egg, yogurt and stevia (I just use a balloon whisk, nothing electric).
Add the water to preference.
Spray fray as for all pancakes.

I layered each of the three pancakes with a bit of skinny syrup and topped the stack with the rest of the yogurt, half a nectarine and strawberries, as you can see.  
Ooooh, it was delicious.

Nice lunch too.  The couscous had onion, pepper, mushroom, peas, corn and carrot so it was a lot more than it looked with just the grains.  I decided to pan fry the salmon as the pan was in use and it would have been better as a smoked fillet or baked with some flavours.  Still nice though.
I pickled the tomatoes and cucumber in some balsamic vinegar and the residue served as a dressing so no need for mayo.

Steak is always nice, of course, although the mushroom sauce turned out to be more of a mushroom splodge and I had to go all cheffy and sort of spread it on the plate and arrange the sliced steak on top.  Not to worry, it was still good and went with the meat well.
Instead of chip shapes, I cut a long and large potato into rounds and actifried them that way, saving half to just warm up today.



Today's plans:

B:  eggs on toast; banana
Just what it says.
SW:  one healthy extra B for toast and two syns for some spread

L:  slow roast lamb, mint sauce, roasties and a selection of veg; fruit
I have treated myself to a little half leg of lamb.  Still expensive but not as bad as the bigger ones.  I thought it was a very small joint but it turned out to be half (or maybe a quarter) of a larger joint, cut across and then down the middle.  The bigger ones have better flavour, I think.
Most recipes say use red wine.  No thank you, but I had some lamb stock in the freezer so have used that, along with some onion, carrot, salt, pepper, bay leaves and a couple of sprigs of mint.  I've just put it on so that's about six and a half hours till needed.  If it's not ready, I'll swap the two meals around.
I have loads of mint in the garden so home made mint sauce with no syns is the way to go.
SW:  two syns for some oil and a few syns - say two - for gravy.

D:  ginger chicken thighs, salad; yogurt
(it's supposed to be wings but I reckon thighs are better - much more meat on them)
This is a SW recipe so should be reasonable.  It's not a 'sticky' one but it says it is 'tangy' and I like tangy.
SW:  maybe a syn for some spray salad dressing and half a syn for the dessert.

Summary:
one healthy extra B
around seven and a half syns


No comments:

Post a Comment