Saturday 10 July 2021

Saturday, 10-07-21

 Good morning, everyone.
Just half a pound off yesterday.  I'm a bit disappointed but it could have been worse and off is miles better than on.

Yesterday's meals:

By the time I was back from Slimming World and a shop at Morrisons, I really didn't fancy any kind of cooked breakfast so I ended up enjoying two nectarines and a banana which filled me up nicely.

I made the filling for the quesadillas like this.
I have half a can of kidney beans in a spicy sauce.  I rinsed off most of the sauce but kept a bit,  I added one syns-worth of mayo and zizzed it all together.
I spread one tbsp bbq sauce over a WW wrap.  Then I spread over the crushed beans and topped them with 30g grated cheddar.  I folded to other half over and pepped it into a griddle pan with a bit of spray oil.  Five minutes or so later, they were crunchy on both sides.  It just gave me time to assemble my simple salad.
Delicious!  Must remember this for another time.

I went off plan for dinner so no photo.  Ooops.  So that makes four out of five for this week and fingers crossed for the weekend to come.

Today's meal plans:

B:  pancakes or waffles (more or less the same recipe so I can decide just before), yogurt and fruit.
It's ages since I treated myself to these and they are a great favourite.  I have plenty of soft fruit to accompany so I'm looking forward to these.
SW:  One healthy extra B and, possibly, half a syn for flavoured yogurt

L:  salmon and veg couscous, salad; apple
The salmon will be oven baked with a squeeze of lemon juice and then flaked over some warm couscous with some veg mixed in.  I'll see what veg I can use for this and I always rehydrate couscous with some chicken stock powder for flavour.  I had forgotten how much I like couscous until I had some a few days ago.
SW:  just one syns-worth of super light mayo and I'm pretty sure the rest is speed/free

D:  steak, mushroom sauce, chips, salad; kvarg
Copied from yesterday because I'm not going to waste steak!  I will do the chips in the actifry with one tsp real oil.
The mushroom sauce is just some finely chopped mushrooms, softened in a bit of spray oil and with a few light triangles melted in.  Not the best sauce in the world but it adds flavour.
SW:  an A choice for the cheese triangles, two syns for one tsp oil, up to one syn for coleslaw mayo, half a syn for spray dressing and half a syn for the kvarg

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns


2 comments:

  1. Off is definitely better than on so well done. That steak and chips sounds absolutely gorgeous though it would have to be peppercorn sauce for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love peppercorn sauce but I also love mushroom sauce. I'm really looking forward to dinner. :-)
      xx

      Delete