Friday 2 July 2021

Friday, 02-07-21

 Good morning:

I'm rather dreading this morning - it's my first time back at Slimming World after four or five weeks off to stay with Dad most of the time.  However, better to know the damage and the task ahead than not, isn't it?  Knowledge is power, as the saying goes.
Everything is still going splendidly, thank goodness, although I face a challenge today and over the weekend as I'm back up to Dad's house to carry on clearing his effects (I think that's what they are called, anyway).
I'm planning carefully and taking everything I need with me so here's hoping.

Yesterday's meals.

The M&S low fat Cumberland chipolatas were surprisingly nice for a low fat sausage.  That splodge in the middle is bbq sauce!

I had a banana afterwards and a nectarine later on in the morning
This lunch casserole was pretty spicy, so much so that I added yogurt instead of cheese.
I followed it with an apple and then a few strawberries.
As I hadn't had the cheese for lunch, I had it on the burger for dinner and added some caramelised onion chutney on the side.  I ummed and ahed and dithered about the veg but went for frozen mixed veg in the end.
I wouldn't say the burger was super spicy but it was nice and using 12% mince instead of under 5% does make for a much better texture and flavour, I think.  Worth two syns.

I followed it with strawberry foam.


Three successful days in a row - blimey!


Today's plans:

B:  bacon, egg, beans and mushrooms; banana
The beans are half a can left over from yesterday and I'm still working through a surfeit of eggs.
SW:  all speed, protein or free

L:  sushi, tomatoes; apple
I need a grab and eat lunch because I will just have arrived at Dad's house (I call it Dad's house, even though he is not longer around).  The sushi is a pack from Aldi, surprisingly filling and not too high in syns.
SW:  three and a half syns for the sushi

D:  chickpea burger in a roll, hm wedges, salad; yogurt
The burger is a very simple recipe from the Eat Well for Less section of the BBC Good Food site and, apart from the rapeseed oil and the gram flour, I am making it straight.  I don't think I have any gram flour but ordinary flour is the same syns and I will use spray oil.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the roll, half a syn for flour in the burger, one healthy extra A for grated cheese in the bun and one syn for spray salad dressing.  Dessert is half a syn.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns


2 comments:

  1. It'll always be 'Dad's House' in your head. Hope you are ok.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will, yes. Either that or 'Mum and Dad's house'.
      I'm good, thanks. xx

      Delete