Friday 23 July 2021

Friday, 23-07-21

 Good morning.

SW meeting today, more opened up now.  There's refreshments, we can remove shoes to be weighed and masks don't have to be worn (although they can be, of course);  I'm not sure whether I will or not.  No raffle or slimmer of the week hamper yet - that has to wait for a little while but it will come.

Because I really need to get to grips with this again now that my personal life has settled down again, I have decided to check calories alongside SW, just to get back on track.  There's no way I am abandoning SW, I like the structure very much and it suits a 'make it at home' foodie like me down to the ground.  Look upon it as a belt and braces approach.
I have kept my membership of Nutracheck so that's good.

Yesterday's food plans:

A perfect breakfast for weather like this - all the blueberries and one of the strawberries were from the garden.
It was 111 calories but filled me up more than that would indicate.

Lunch was quesadillas which contained 20g Crucials bbq sauce, shredded chicken and 30g grated cheddar.  It was lovely.
352 calories


Later on I had a pink lady apple (sweet and juicy) and that was SW speed and 50 calories

And here's dinner, the chicken risotto.  It was supposed to be chicken and bacon but I totally forgot about the bacon bit.  It also has onion, red pepper, mushroom and the stock was a real chicken stock - great flavour.  I did it the old fashioned way in the end because there's something very relaxing about stirring a risotto.
30g of rice was plenty and I was so full up I didn't have dessert.
The lot, including the salad was 397 calories

It all looks good, healthy, SW friendly, it certainly filled me up but - big but - the calorie total for the day was 910 calories which is nowhere near enough.  I'm glad I'm checking because I'd not have known otherwise.

Today's plans:
Timings are tricky today.  It's SW first, then personal training (not the usual hour of intensive puff but half an hour of combined calf strengthening and loosening plus massage) and then driving into town to pick up some meds.
I won't be eating much until later on this morning so I think I will plan a larger breakfast and a good dinner with some fruit midd-ish afternoon.

B:  a cooked breakfast - bacon, egg, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms and 'fried' bread
 I fry the bread by spraying oil on one side and then browning that side in the pan.
SW:  no idea of the calories yet but using bacon with all the fat removed and the skinny sausages, this should be almost SW free although if I have some sauce, it might be up to one syn and two skinny sausages is one syn.  The bread will be half a healthy extra B

L:  fruit and yogurt
I have half a melon that really needs using up and I'll chop some strawberries to go inside it and with a dollop of natural yogurt on top.  Lovely.
SW:  all speed and free

D:  cheesy naked Mexican style burger, chips, salad; yogurt
I've indulged in a Hello Fresh delivery for the weekend and beyond, going for the under 600 calorie choices and this is the first meal of the batch.  The 'naked' bit means no bun.  
SW:  Looking at the list of ingredients, the cheese is going to be half an A choice, some panko breadcrumbs will be one syn, there's some red pepper and chilli jelly for which I have no idea so let's call it two syns (it's not a large amount), the mince is around two and a half syns and I think the rest is syn free.  The dessert is half a syn
The lot is 599 calories (it says)


Summary:
half a healthy extra A
half a healthy extra B
eight syns


No comments:

Post a Comment