Friday 30 July 2021

Friday, 30-07-21

 Good morning.
Slimming World meeting this morning so weigh in.  Again, I am doubtful.  I don't feel any lighter at all and I honestly haven't a clue as I have kept off the scales all week.  However, the last time I said this I lost and the time before (in other words, every week), I maintained so . . . who knows?

Yesterday's meals:

Overnight oats never look all that pretty in the bowl but they were nice, all the same.
275 calories

BLT salad, a SW recipe.  Really tasty.  If you have the new book, Happy Days, it's on page 30.
Then I had some strawberries for afters.
Lunch was 388 calories

Later on I had a banana and an apple (included in the lunch calorie count.


Dinner was some chilli from the freezer, some new potatoes, cooed and then browned off with cheese over, some baby corn (allotment!) and some steamed mixed veg, followed by a yogurt.
I have no idea how many calories as the chilli was from the freezer.
Such a messy plate - sorry.

Then I finished off with my yogurt.

I have no idea of the calories.  Nutracheck gives home made chilli a stupidly high count but I know it couldn't be as much as that.  Low meat, high veg, fat free . . .
It doesn't really matter; it was a good SW day and that is the important thing


Today's plans:

B:  pancakes, strawberries and yogurt
I won't be having breakfast until after SW meeting and PT and, as I went strawberry picking yesterday, I though this would showcase the very delicious berries very well.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the wholemeal SR flour and I think that's it as I will be using natural yogurt flavoured with skinny syrup.

L:  cheg mayo wrap, side salad; fruit
Cheg is short for cheese and egg.  Hard boil an egg, fork mash it adding 30g grated cheddar and some super light mayo plus whatever seasonings you fancy.  I will probably pick a few chives and just use pepper and a bit of salt - not a lot as the mayo and cheese are salted already.  
The wrap will be lo dough as I've already had my healthy A
SW:  the cheese will be one of my healthy extra As, the lo dough is two syns and the mayo will be one syn.  Also half a syn for the M&S fat reduced dressing I found in the fridge yesterday which is rather nice.

D:   steak, chips, coleslaw, salad; yogurt
I had a whopping big sirloin steak in the freezer - 400g - so will probably cook half and thin slice the other half of it for something for lunch tomorrow - or dinner, maybe.  Any ideas?
SW:  one syn for the mayo in the coleslaw and two syns for some onion chutney which is so good with steak.  Oh, and half a syn for yogurt.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
seven syns

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Laurie, lovely to hear from you. I think that bit of creativity is what keeps me going through this whole healthy eating thing. It would be so easy to buy and eat rubbish from packets and jars.
    xx

    ReplyDelete