Thursday 8 July 2021

Thursday, 08-07-21

 Good morning, everyone.

Isn't it annoying when you open a can of something and find you have misread the label.  I did that the other day - opened a can of kidney beans in a spicy sauce when I wanted just kidney beans.  It was for a chilli but the mix was already spicy enough without adding any more spice to it.
Recipes for a specific product like that aren't easy to find but I've got two.  One is the egg wrap 'burritos' recipe below and the other is for bean quesadillas.  Fingers crossed they taste OK.

Yesterday's meals:

When I went to the freezer, I discovered that I was right out of rolls so had a wholemeal muffin instead.  Nice breakfast.

Corned beef hash for lunch.  Onion, red pepper and mushroom chopped and fried in spray oil until soft.  Cooked potato sliced and fried in spray oil until browning.  Add cubes of corned beef and veg to the potato and heat.  Spoon into ovenproof dish, add grated cheddar and bake until cheese has melted.
Yummy with sauce on top and salad on the side. 

Dinner was a sort of Chinese type curry.  30g of Mayflower curry and 110 mls of fresh chicken stock, brought up to thickening point while stirring.  I syphoned off some of the lunchtime onion, pepper and mushroom and added that plus the last of the Sunday roast chicken leftovers.

The day finished off with a yogurt.



Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
With two bigger meals later on, I'm going lighter for breakfast.  Probably an apple, a nectarine and a banana and the yogurt will be plain Greek with some skinny syrup for flavouring.

L:  bean and rice burrito, side salad; apple
I found this recipe on the SW site but it is also available without having access here.
It won't use up even half of the accidentally opened can but never mind.  Better than nothing.  I have some other pulses in the freezer, maybe not mixed but they will do and I may skip the rice (what could I use instead - maybe some couscous - yes, that would do, couscous is much easier; I can stir it into the beans as they are heating and it will absorb some of the sauce.
It's a bit of a 'cheat' as it uses an egg wrap, not a real wrap, but that is OK, I like them.
Salads are going to be cucumber heavy for a while as my plants are not producing them by the dozens.  Just as well I like them.
SW:  unless I have mayo, this is SW free although I have just thought that some grated cheddar might be nice for an A choice.  Let's assume one syn for mayo for safety's sake! :-)

D:  cheeseburger sarnie, salad, coleslaw; yogurt
It was going to be in a roll but I'm out of rolls and don't plan to go shopping for a while so I will use a couple of slices of my home made wholemeal bread which can be a B choice.
I will  make the burger using 12% mince for a few syns and flavour it with goodness knows what - whatever comes to hand.  I have some cheese slices to go on and will make some of that nice garlic mayo to go on the leaves.
That's the plan anyway.
SW:  one healthy extra A and two syns for the cheese slices, one healthy extra B for the bread, two syns for the 12% mince,  up to two syns for mayo and half a syn for dessert.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
seven and a half syns


 . . . and tomorrow, I will plan bean quesadillas!

No comments:

Post a Comment