Friday 16 July 2021

Friday, 16-07-21

 Good morning.
Yesterday was another successfully on plan day, despite a few changes of plan.  So that's 6/6 this week so far.

Weigh in at SW meeting this morning and, to be honest, despite being on plan, I don't feel I have lost anything this week.  The clothes feel the same, I feel the same.  We will see.

Yesterday's photos.

This was nice.  Nectarine, kiwi, raspberries, blueberries and a banana plus some plain yogurt.  Yum.
I had planned to make a lo dough pizza but by the time I got back from the allotment I just couldn't be bothered so had a cheese salad wrap instead followed by an apple.

It was really nice.  One of my favourite sandwiches is cheese salad with mayo and this was similar.


I had a few baby beetroots from the jar later on.

Dinner wasn't so colourful but surprisingly nice, all the same and those allotment broadies are so delicious.

Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
I know I had this yesterday but time's a bit tight this morning between end of Slimming World and a friend coming over for a garden chat so quick and easy is the name of the game.
SW:  if I have a Mullerlight, it is half a syn

L:  boiled eggs with dippy lo dough, finger salad; fruit
I have a piece of lo dough to use up (they come two to a pack) so I am going to cut it into finger strips and bake it to crunchy in the oven so I have dippers.
SW:  two syns for the lo dough (which I think is jolly unfair as it is high protein but there you go!)

D:  steak, chips and salad; yogurt
My Friday evening treat.  Gotts love a good steak.
SW:  two syns for some onion chutney and two for some oil for the chips plus half for the yogurt

Summary:
no healthy extras - eeek.  Never mind.
seven syns



7 comments:

  1. Your food photography is always so pretty Joy. It's a proper visual feast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cherie. I do try to make the food look nice - I reckon we eat with our eyes very much. xx

      Delete
    2. I agree Joy. One of the key facts I've picked up from the nutrition classes is that the digestive process starts in our heads - sight, smell, and anticipation all start the production of saliva which is key to healthy digestion.

      Delete
    3. Also, I think making your own starts off the whole process much more than just opening a box or packet and shoving it in he microwave. All that prepping and stirring and generally making decisions. It's more of an investment, a commitment . . .

      Delete
  2. I notice you always/often have a dessert planned. Is this just your personal preference or is it part of the SW plan please? I know for me the change of taste helps signal the end of a meal to my brain!

    I'm debating whether to try SW again, although I don't want to go to a meeting. Last time there were too many people in the group who "followed" the plan, didn't really achieve a healthy diet and tended to yoyo with their weight, and to be honest I found it all rather discouraging. There was also the fact that the leader couldn't get her head around the fact that allergies mean that I can't always have the healthy extra As and insisted that I had to have them every day so I didn't have a lot of confidence in her! I have the option to join online but I may just go it alone as I still want to make the changes I'm picking up from the nutrition classes.

    I'm re-reading the booklets and will make a decision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have one planned but don't always have it, it just depends. I think that, because I don't have sweet snacks (apart from fruit) it is my sweet thing for the day. Also, as you say, it tells my brain the meal is over.

      I think a good, adaptable leader makes of breaks a group. Healthy extras are recommendations for a balanced diet but there are lots of reasons why one doesn't always have them including, as for me today, that they just don't fit with the plan.

      I think that, as with every weight loss plan, it can be abused/misused and with SW it is too easy to overdo the 'free' foods. One still must apply a good dollop of common sense and not blindly follow the 'rules' especially not focusing on 'eat as much as you want' and forgeting the 'third to a half speed food' and 'eat to satiety' (I think that's the right word), not to feeling totally stuffed.
      It's been good for me but I'm a fair old cynic with a mind of my own!

      Having said that, I only maintained this week, but with so many things upsy downsy, including sleep patterns, maybe a maintain is good. I know I'm eating healthily anyway.

      If you're not sure, give it a go solo and see how that works out. No point shelling out for something if you aren't convinced it is right for you. It's not cheap, after all.

      Hope this essay helps. xx

      Delete
    2. Yes, it has helped. Many thanks xx

      Delete