Sunday 18 July 2021

Sunday, 18-07-21

 Good morning.
First of all, while it is on my mind, just to say there will be no post on Tuesday, that being the day of Dad's funeral.  I should be posting tomorrow and then again on Wednesday.  Staying on plan on Tuesday will be a challenge but it is just one day.

Yesterday went according to plan so that's 1/7 under my belt.

Edited to add that they seem to have resolved the problem with banner photos.  Yay!

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast was simply gorgeous.  The fresh picked blueberries were especially tasty - little burst of sweetness.


Later on, I had one and a half flat peaches (the other half had to be cut off and chucked)
Lunch - tuna filled roll with cucumber, celery, red pepper and tomatoes.  Perfect for the warm weather.




And later I had another flat peach - they're quite small.
A close up of the chicken fajita pasta bake as it came out of the oven.  I quartered the recipe and then reduced the amount of pasta but even so there was loads - no way could I manage either a side salad or a dessert.  Just as well there was plenty of speed veg in the dish itself.



Today's plans:

B:  pancakes, fruit and yogurt
A treat for a sunny Sunday morning.
SW:  five syns for 30g flour (I'm having a roll later on), half a syn for yogurt

L:  tuna potato salad; fruit
I have tuna left over from yesterday which must be used up so I'm going to cook some new potatoes (dug up yesterday) and mix them with the tuna, chopped spring onions, cucumber and pepper, stir in some mayo and dollop it on salad leaves.
SW:  one syn (maybe a bit more) for super light mayo

D:  New York bacon burgers with Cajun wedges, coleslaw; yogurt
This is another recipe from the SW site, found here if you have access.  The chips are potato ones but I have butternut squash to use up so I will sub.  I had more than enough chips on Friday to last me out.
Roasted butternut squash is gorgeous so I should enjoy these.
There's no cheese on the burgers but, as I have healthy extras to use up, I may add some.
Also, I still have some Southwold bacon in the freezer so that will give great flavour.
SW:  probably one to two healthy extra As for cheese, one healthy extra B for the roll and up to one syn for some super light mayo while the dessert will be half a syn.

Summary:
one to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
around eleven syns - a bit higher than usual because I can't have two healthy extras!

No comments:

Post a Comment