Monday 26 July 2021

Monday, 26-07-21

 Morning.

Today should be the last of the Hello Fresh meals but I have an abundance of salad ingredients so will have something home sources and do the HF meal (butternut squash and bacon risotto) tomorrow instead.

Yesterday's photos:

Not the best dressed plate in the world but so very delicious.
35g wholemeal SR flour, 1/4 tsp baking powder, one egg, about a third of a pot of Mullerlight banana and custard yogurt and water to slacken.  Whisk well.  Cook as per any pancake, using spray oil.  Serve with the rest of the yogurt and some fresh strawberries.
320 calories

I really enjoyed this.
I enjoyed this too.  Sweet and sour chicken with konjac rice, left over from yesterday.
269 calories


Late afternoon, I had a nectarine and a small soft tortilla, the latter because I had a pack left over from the last Hello Fresh order, out of date, so I wanted to see if they had gone stale.  They hadn't, so the remaining five are now in the freezer, individually wrapped.
170 calories total and I had no idea about the syns so looked it up and it was six syns, ooops.  That puts me over syns but under calories.  However, no A choices today so I guess it all balances out calorie wise, if not nutritionally.

The Bombay style lamb curry with green beans and potatoes.  I wasn't sure if I was going to like this but I did, very much.  It was flavoursome and quite spicy because I used the whole chilli.
425 calories

I was too full for the yogurt!



So today is high in syns, low in healthy extra As and 1267 calories - that's closer to my target of 1300, much better.


Today's plans:

B:  breakfast burger
I'm removing the skin from two skinny sausages and molding them both into one patty which I will have in a wholemeal bun with bacon and 30g grated cheddar.  Tomatoes on the side to provide speed but mostly because I love them!
SW:  one healthy extra A and one B plus one syn for bbq sauce, if I have it.

L:  Bombay style lamb curry with green beans and potatoes; fruit
The second portion of the curry I made yesterday.
SW:   five syns for the lamb, one and a half syns for mango chutney 

D:  chicken with griddled peppers and mushrooms and a salad; yogurt
I've been a naughty girl and treated myself to a teppanyaki.  To be fair, it wasn't all that expensive.  One of the things that drew me to it was that I can cook all my pancakes at the same time while another is that I can cook outside (I have a socket on the outside of the shed).  I tried it out yesterday with the breakfast pancakes and got the temp a bit wrong so the underneaths were a trifle overdone, but you live and learn and now I know.
Anyway, I will slice the chicken thinly, marinade it in a mix of soy sauce, rice vinegar, tomato puree and whatever else comes to hand - ginger, maybe, and garlic - before quickly frying it on the teppanyaki*.  If the weather is anything like, I might do it outside.  Ditto for the veg, minus the marinade.  I have to start somewhere, after all.
I dug up some new potatoes from the allotment yesterday so I might make a potato and chive salad as well, just a little one
SW:  unless I add honey or something to the marinade it will be free plus one syn for mayo in the potato salad and half a syn for the yogurt

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
nine syns


* After reading up a bit, I gather the appliance is called a teppan and the 'yaki' bit refers to the cooking itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment