Tuesday 27 July 2021

Tuesday, 27-07-21

 Good morning, everyone.
3/7 on plan so far.  Can I make it 7/7 this week?

Yesterday's meals:

This breakfast burger went down very well.  I think I planned to have some cheese on it and I forgot but I don't think it was necessary anyway.
It was 436 calories in total
Lunch.  I was really pleased with this because the tomatoes and the cucumber were both fresh from the garden.  The curry definitely improved overnight too.
I had a nectarine and an apple later on and the whole lot came to 551 calories
Dinner:  marinated chicken with lots of veg and potato salad.  The cucumber was from the garden and the potatoes from the allotment - scrummy!  This was really tasty and cooked so quickly on the teppan.
I finished off with a Mullerlight strawberry yogurt and it all came to 385 calories



So the whole days eating worked with slimming world (no As though - again) and was 1372 calories which is just fine (I aim for between 1300 and 1400).
And it all tasted just great!

Today's food plans

B:  fruit and yogurt
I have plenty of blueberries and one strawberry to pick from the garden, six raspberries from the allotment and plenty of fruit in the fridge so why not.  I'm looking forward to this very much.
SW:  the yogurt will be protein and the fruit either free or speed.

L:  corn and tuna fritters, salad; fruit
I thought I'd have a go at these - I will call the 35g wholemeal flour I will use my B choice and make a thick batter with one egg, some finely grated cheese and, possibly, a splash of milk.  I can add various savoury seasonings plus some tuna and some sweetcorn before spooning portions into a pan or on the teppan.  With a side salad, that should make a good lunch.  I wonder how many fritters I will get - enough for two portions, perhaps?.
SW:  one healthy extra A and one B.  Possibly one syn for some mayo, I will see

D:  Hello fresh bacon and butternut squash, perhaps a side salad; yogurt
The last of my Hello Fresh meals.  The other three have been most successful so fingers crossed this one will be just as nice.  It ought to be.
I will have sweet corn left over from lunch so I might add that to the risotto - I'll see how it goes.
SW:  four syns for some streaky bacon and a healthy A for Italian cheese.  Also half a syn for dessert

Summary:
two healthy extra As (phew)
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns


2 comments:

  1. It always surprises me just how much food you can have for relatively few calories. Just shows how careful planning of food choices and making healthier swaps can work out so well. Thanks Joy, you always inspire me. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite an adventure, discovering all the lovely and healthy meals. Planning is definitely a key plus focusing on what I CAN have rather than what would be unwise or unhealthy. Positivity, in fact. Works for me anyway. Thanks, Sooze, I'm glad it is helpful.
      xx

      Delete