Wednesday 7 July 2021

Wednesday, 07-07-21

 Morning!
Two days down and all is well.  Phew.

Eileen asked me yesterday about 'konjac noodles' and I've been asked by others too.
They are created from the Konjac plant, a type of yam.  They are zero fat and low calories - typically a portion is around fifteen calories, loads less than real noodles.  If you're looking for a low carb replacement, they would work.
They aren't exactly the same as noodles.  The texture is different, they don't absorb flavour and, when the pack is opened they have a slightly odd smell which goes as they are rinsed and then heated.
At the moment, the company I use makes three different kinds - noodles, rice and spaghetti and the difference is the way they are shaped, that's all.
Would I use them if I were not trying to lose weight - well, probably not.  They're fine, they work, but real pasta/noodles/rice is nicer.  And they are more expensive; very much more expensive.

Yesterday's meals:

After having said yesterday that I didn't really fancy this for breakfast, I decided that, really, maybe I did, and I'm very glad I did.  I used my larger pan to make the omelette wrap and kept it warm while I spray fried bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes all together in the same pan.  I spread one tbsp bbq sauce (half a syn) over the wrap, tipped on the filling and just folded the top over, adding some extra tomatoes on the side.
It was so good!

A bit later, I had a nectarine and a few strawberries.

As you can see, I chose pitta for lunch and it did fall apart a bit but not to worry.
I carefully weighed out one and a half syns-worth of mayo and then decided to pep it up with some garlic puree.  I may have ended up very anti-social but it was nice on the chicken.
What was also nice was having some greenery again.  Good old M&S.

I had the apple later on
Dinner, chilli, might look like a dog's dinner but it was really very tasty and just spicy enough for my taste.
I finished off dinner with a yogurt.

Aware that I hadn't had any A choices, I had a nibble of cheese when I went to bed.


Today's plans:

B:  bacon and egg roll, tomatoes, mushrooms; banana
Nothing particularly special but it should taste good and fill me up.
SW:  one healthy extra B, half a syn for some bbq sauce

L:  corned beef hash, salad; apple
There are so many versions of corned beef hash.  Mine is one my mum used to make - it used tinned corned beef cut into chunks, onion and cooked potato.  You fry the onion until soft, then add potato slices and let them fry until they start browning before adding the corned beef.  The only seasonings I use are garlic granules, salt and pepper with some brown or bbq sauce on top.
I've just realised I haven't planned in any healthy extra As so I'll probably sprinkle grated cheese over the top.  That will be nice.
It's a bit high in syns so not one to have all that often.
SW:  one healthy extra Aa for grated cheese.  A can of lean corned beef is five syns and I may very well use it all.  I love corned beef.  The bbq sauce will be one syn

D:  chicken and veg curry, veg on the side; yogurt
I will use the Mayflower curry powder to make the sauce and add some nice chicken stock from the boiled up carcass of the weekend chicken.  I won't have rice, I will just have some veg on the side.
SW:  curry sauce is four syns and the yogurt is half a syn

E:  I have personal training today and it will be some very careful exercise because of my ankles/calves plus some massage which really helped last week.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
eleven syns - not as bad as I thought it might be

4 comments:

  1. We did try those noodles once but neither of us was impressed. We'd rather just have a smaller portion of ordinary noodles - or in my case none at all, just maybe a bed of shredded veg. We don't all like the same things, do we? Go careful with your exercise, I'm glad the massage helps. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not everyone's scene, I totally agree. I quite like them in their own right but not as a substitute, which is what they are supposed to be. And they are a great calorie saving. xx

      Delete
  2. If Tesco have some I may try them out but I'm just as happy using green veg in place of noodles. Do you make your own BBQ sauce?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's crucials, like a ketchup type sauce.
      Green veg works too. :-)
      xx

      Delete