Monday 5 July 2021

Monday, 05-07-21

  Good morning.

Under the circumstances, I don't think yesterday was too bad really, food wise.  I am pretty sure I stayed within maintenance calories anyway.  I'm now totally back on slimming world for the week.  I may not show a loss on Friday but I doubt I will have a gain.

I brought half a roast chicken home with me so that's going to form the basis of a few meals.  It was a good chicken, organic, free range, happy and greatly reduced.  It had good flavour and I'm looking forward to using up the remains.

Yesterday's meals:


I only have one photo, that of dinner.  I grabbed a ready meal from the freezer.  This was a Aldi Slimwell chicken chow mein and the contents were good,  Plenty of chicken, plenty of veg, not too many noodles.  However, it was under-seasoned.  Half a tbsp each of oyster sauce and soy sauce plus a grinding of salt and it was very much better and it served its purpose as I was far too tired to cook a meal from scratch.
And just 330-ish calories.

Today's plans:

B:  bacon, egg, mushroom and tomatoes; banana
As usual, cooked in a little spray oil
SW:  free, speed and protein

L:  coronation coleslaw chicken wrap, salad; apple
The plan is to make a coleslaw the coronation way, using this recipe from the fab 'Slimming Eats' site as a basis.  I plan to use finely chopped apple or maybe some pineapple for the sweetness and fold in shredded chicken before piling it into a wrap for my B choice.  On the side will be carrot, cucumber, celery and tomatoes. 
I'll let you know.
SW:  one healthy B for the wrap, one syn for the mayo, half for the curry paste and that's pretty much it.  The side salad will be finger salad so no need for a dressing.

D:  chicken 'pasta', veg; yogurt
I plan to make a nice tomato sauce with onion, etc, add some of the chicken and serve it on some konjac noodles with grated cheese on the top.  If I decide to make it spicy, I might add some yogurt to balance the flavour - we will see how I feel when I actually make it.
I have plenty of frozen veg so am spoilt for choice.
SW:  one or two healthy extra As, depending on how much cheese I use, one syn for the noodles and the rest should be speed, free or protein.

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
two and a half syns


No comments:

Post a Comment