Wednesday 14 July 2021

Wednesday, 14-07-21

 Good morning.
Now it is 4/7 on plan and going well.

Yesterday's food:

I spent a couple of hours down the allotment and when I got back I didn't really fancy marmite toast so I had an apple and a couple of satsumas instead.  It did me fine.

The Count on Us chicken korma was - well - OK.  It had more chicken than it appears in the photo and too much sauce.  One could easily add lots more veg to bulk it out - or more chicken, of course.  The sauce was enough for two.
I followed it with the banana I didn't have after breakfast.
This was really lovely.  I made the mash by mashing cooked potato, adding an egg yolk and 45g grated cheddar and beating it all together with a fork before piling it over the chopped roast lamb in gravy.  The big surprise was that I went to the allotment for the first time in ages and there were broadies.  Loads of them.  I picked some and had some of the some as one of my veg.  I thought them might need longer cooking because they were so big but they didn't so I'm afraid I overcooked them, as you can see, but still, delicious!

No room for any dessert but later on I had some strawberries.


Today's plans:

 B:  egg on toast, banana
I got out of the freezer three little slices of home made bread for breakfast yesterday and didn't use them, hence today's breakfast.  
SW:  one healthy extra B and two syns for some spread

L:  cheg salad; fruit
Cheg is our family name for what is basically devilled eggs - hard boiled egg, halved, yolk removed and mashed with cheese, mayo and seasoning before being piled back into the egg white.  Cheg - cheese and egg.
SW:  one (or perhaps more) healthy extra A, one syn for super light mayo and half a syn for some spray salad dressing.

D:  oven baked chicken, chips, broad beans; frozen fruit fluff
This meal started with the broad beans and then I thought 'what can I have with broad beans?'.  I think I will simply bake a chicken breast in a rub of smoked paprika, oregano (fresh from the garden), garlic granules, salt, pepper and spray oil.
I'm not sure about the chips.  I might give them a miss.
I'd planned the fruit fluff yesterday because I had an egg white going spare but I never made it so, if I don't want to waste the white, I must make it today.
SW:  I think this meal is syn free if I use spray oil for the chips - if I have chips.

Summary:
one or two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
three and a half syns




2 comments:

  1. Those chegs sound tasty. I'm always looking for something new to have with a salad and that fits the bill nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cheg - it was a childhood favourite and remains so to this day. xx

      Delete