Tuesday 29 June 2021

Tuesday, 29-06-21

 Good morning!
I'm back after being away for a fair old time.  Sadly, after an illness, my dear Dad passed away last Saturday.
Now I have to pull my socks up and get on with losing the stone and a half-ish that I have gained during some difficult times.  I've always been a comfort eater but I'm ready to deal with the results now.

Now I am home again, I will be back at Slimming World, going to Jen's new Friday morning group.  The weigh in won't be nice but once I know, I can see those numbers tumbling again.

If you have stayed with me during these last weeks of silence, thank you very much indeed.  I'm hoping that my posts will be consistent and daily again from now on.  I ought to change the title, I suppose, and the description, just temporarily, until I hit my target weight again.

Today's plans:

B:  scrambled eggs on toast, tomatoes
I have loads of eggs to use up so they will feature heavily in the next few days, I expect.
SW:  half a healthy extra B

L:  small jacket potato with tuna mayo and salad; apple
This is one of my favourite ways of filling a jacket potato - yum!  It's simply drained tuna, mashed with some mayo and with seasonings - a bit of chilli is nice, or a bit of mustard.
SW:  up to two syns for the mayo and half a syn for some spray salad dressing

D:  smoked salmon fillet, stir fry veg, home made sauce; yogurt
I shall make a sauce to drizzle over the salmon with some mayo, tomato puree and a bit of mustard.  The salmon will probably be done in the actifry with a bit of spray oil and the paddle removed and it's also spray oil for the stir fry veg.  My fruit and veg intake has been shockingly low recently so it's going to feature heavily in the coming weeks.
SW:  up to one syn for mayo and Dijon mustard is half a syn per tsp.  I think the rest is free, protein or speed

E:  this is a tricky one because I managed to damage my lower calves so I can't do much.  I'm going to see if I can do some static cycling and some gentle rebounding without pain.


Now I am off to snuggle in my comfy chair and plan my meals for the week.  It worked before and it will work again!

9 comments:

  1. You'll be back on track before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do hope so. I know what to do and am taking things just one day at a time. Thanks for the encouragement. xx

      Delete
  2. It would be so easy to give in and keep gaining so well done for taking the decision to lose the weight again. As you say, you know what to do and I have every confidence that you will do it.

    On a completely different matter, do you still make your own bread?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I haven't for a while but, funnily enough, I was considering a loaf this week as part of my 'relax at home' drive. I dearly love making bread.
      And thank you for those encouraging words. xx

      Delete
  3. Yes you'll do it Joy, you have the knowledge and the resolve. Since we've been doing up the caravan, our veg/fruit intake has reduced too, and carb intake gone up - it's so easy to just make a sandwich to take with us for lunch! I do try to fill up on veggies at the weekends though, or on days where we don't go to the van. Have courage on your first weigh in, you know you can get the weight back off. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am rather dreading Friday, I have to admit. The quick fixes do tend to be less healthy, don't they? Or higher calorie, anyway.
      Fingers crossed for us both.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. My sincere condolences. The weight will be off in no time, I know what a determined lady you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much.
      I reckon it will take me a couple of months at least - maybe by the end of September, all being well, but that's OK. The important thing will be that I'm getting there.
      xx

      Delete
  5. As usual I am making good use of the school holidays to binge-read your blog, in the hope of making motivation stick.
    I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. Take care x

    ReplyDelete