Monday 16 July 2018

Monday, 16-07-18

Good morning.  I've been away for a few days, staying with my parents so have been very self indulgent.  Great frugality though!
Back on the wagon now

B:  overnight oats, fruit, natural yogurt
Oats are always great value although the soft fruit isn't that cheap.  Great flavour, however.  The yogurt is home made.
It's a healthy and filling breakfast that keeps me going all morning.

L:  tuna salad roll, apple
Tinned tuna and there will be some left over for tomorrow.  The bread roll is one from a YS pack, a granary roll that was still perfectly fresh when I bought them and are 3p each.  I won't add any butter to the roll as I mix the tuna with a bit of mayo.

D:  new potatoes, runner bean(s), chicken; frozen fruit foam
The potatoes will be fresh dug from the allotment.  I am hoping there will be enough now runners for the first portion, not just the single on last Friday, but, if not, I still have a few bags from last year to use up.  The chicken will be free range so not the cheapest but thighs are much better value than breasts and one is more than enough (I try to convince myself).

Fingers crossed that I stick to this - it makes the best of what I have and is healthy and tasty, especially the home grown veg.


2 comments:

  1. Once the runners start coming, there seems to be no stopping them - they fairly gallop to maturity, never mind run! For the past week, we've been inundated with runners, French beans and of course the dreaded courgettes! (I don't dread them really, it would be nice if they didn't all come at once though, lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're way behind you here but things are getting going at last. Just waiting for the tomatoes now! :-)

      Delete