Tuesday 31 July 2018

Tuesday, 31-07-18

Good morning.

Yesterday's food was very delicious, one way or another.  I turned the chickpea curry into Jack Monroe's chickpea and peach curry as I like it and it's a very flexible recipe.  Having curry on runner beans does sound odd, I know, but it is really very nice and great for the old healthy eating.
It's quite hard to make a curry for just one and I have a portion left, now in the freezer for a day when I don't feel like cooking.  I might have it with rice next time!

Today's plans are:
B:  overnight oats with peach slices (from the tin I opened last night)
It's the last of the batch of overnight oats that I mixed up the other day and it does indeed get better as you go along, creamy and mmmmmm.  I will do them like that from now on.

L:  hummus with carrot batons
The hummus is from a batch of YS hummus I found several weeks ago and froze in single portions (about 10p a portion, more or less).  It's a very delicious kind of hummus and, while the oil separates as you defrost, it is easily either poured off (which is what I do) or stirred back in again.  I might make a little picnic of this, depending on the weather.

D:  naughty night - with the girls down the Hare for a birthday
I will choose from their small plate options and there won't be alcohol at all because we are all driving so it shouldn't be shocking either price or calorie-wise.  What it will be is fun!

No snacks if I can help it.

2 comments:

  1. I love to serve sweet pickles with curry. There is something about sweet an savoury that just goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Mango chutney, of course, is really tasty!

      Delete