Friday 1 December 2023

Friday, 01-12-23: Christmas Challenge

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Through December, I am going to try to incorporate as much Christmas themed food as possible while still following SW guidelines (mostly) and remaining within my target range.

It's SW group today but I'm not going to weigh this week.  As a target member, as long as I weight once every eight weeks (at least), I keep my membership.  This week has been difficult what with one thing and another so I'm opting out for once.
I've checked with Jen and I can still go to group.

Yesterday's meal photos:
Breakfast was just some fruit and the leftover baked beans - no photo.

I really ought to have an all day breakfast more for lunch.  Just two syns for the sausage; the rest was speed or free.

I couldn't be bothered to make a hash brown; I air fried the potato cut into cubes instead.  It was lovely!

Later on, I had some easy peelers

This was so good!
I used two thin cut steak sizzler thingies, seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning, some tomato chutney, some softened sliced red onion and some sliced cornichons and I spray fried the bread in the same pan I had cooked the steak in.

Very delicious and very filling.  No room for any dessert.

Today's meal plans:

B:  festive pancakes 🎄 with fruit and yogurt
I have some home made festive spice mix which I will add to the pancake batter plus some dried cranberries which I will need to syn.
SW:  I'm approximating four syns for 25g dried cranberries and half a healthy extra B for 20g wholemeal SR flour (not SW canon but I count it as B)

L:  cheesy jacket potato, salad
Not particularly festive but really nice.
SW:  up to two healthy extra As for grated cheese and two syns for light salad cream

D: turkey escalope 🎄, cranberry sauce 🎄, roasted veg; fruit/yogurt 
I will egg and breadcrumb a turkey breast steak and make my own cranberry sauce to keep it syn free (I don't syn cooked fruit).
SW:  half a healthy extra B for breadcrumbs

Exercise:  a walk

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
six syns
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment