Saturday 16 December 2023

Saturday, 16-12-23: Christmas Challenge

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.
Through December, I am going to try to incorporate as much Christmas themed food as possible while still following SW guidelines (mostly) and remaining within my target range.

Two and a half pounds off at my last weigh in before Christmas and I am just half a pound above my actual target weight.  So, so pleased with that.
I may go to another group next Wednesday, just to get weighed; it all depends on how much I have to do and how little time to do it.
But I am good with it all.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast was some fruit and some raw nuts.  No photo.

A nice, gooey, cheesy toastie for lunch.  I couldn't be bothered with a full salad so just grabbed some tomatoes.

I had more nuts mid afternoon.
That salmon was tiny but never mind - it's still very satisfying.  I decided to have mushrooms rather than peas.

Afters was an easy peeler.

Today's meal plans:

B:  potato cakes with egg and smoked salmon 🎄, tomatoes on the side
I will probably add some cheese to mashed potato to make the potato cakes.
SW: one healthy extra A for cheese

L:   fish finger sarnie, salad; fruit
Someone mentioned this on one of my Facebook groups and I thought 'Oooooh, yes!'  No worries about syns, I can have them.
SW:  one healthy extra B and eight syns for fish fingers plus one syn for mayo, assuming I have some.

D: Strictly final nibbles.
Yup, definitely off plan.  I intend to enjoy the Strictly final with a wee celebration.  I really enjoy Strictly.
SW:  off plan but I'm hoping not to go absolutely bonkers!

Exercise: A good walk

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
whatever the evening is.  I can have up to thirty syns on a couple of days each week so I am sure it will be OK i9n the longer term
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment