Monday 18 December 2023

Monday, 18-12-23: Christmas Challenge

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.
Through December, I am going to try to incorporate as much Christmas themed food as possible while still following SW guidelines (mostly) and remaining within my target range.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Well, I finally got my fish finger sandwich and it was absolutely lovely!  Surprisingly filling too.
This is what our buffet looked like before we started.  There was some stuff left, most of which Beth and Alex took home with them.  Now I am proper back on track again for the next three days.

Today's meal plans:

B:  cheesy mushroom omelette, tomatoes
I fancy a bit more than just fruit today.
SW:  one healthy extra A for grated cheddar

L:   avocado bagel with smoked salmon 🎄, salad; fruit
Because why not?  I love this and will really enjoy it.
SW:  one healthy extra B for a bagel, two and a half syns for 35g avocado and the rest should be syn free

D:  roast pork dinner 🎄; fruit
When I was last food shopping, with the pork joints there was such a teeny titchy one that I wondered why it was there.  It was more like a steak than a joint but it was netted and had a price of around £1.50.  So, obviously, it went in the trolley and I am going to slow roast it and see if it will do two meals - you never know how much these things will shrink.  And I am going to treat myself to 100mls of the festive Bisto pigs in blankets gravy which is actually much nicer than I expected.
I'll do the usual veg to go with it plus, because of the time of year, some hm cranberry sauce rather than apple sauce.
SW:  up to two syns for the sugar in the cranberry sauce, one and a half syns for 100mls Bisto pigs in blankets gravy

Exercise:   online Groove class

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
around six syns
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment