Sunday 3 December 2023

Sunday, 03-12-23: Christmas Challenge

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Through December, I am going to try to incorporate as much Christmas themed food as possible while still following SW guidelines (mostly) and remaining within my target range.

Today, I have to be off plan as this afternoon I'm off to a Lindsey organised afternoon tea at the County Hotel.  Fun, posh and calorific.
Oh, well!!

Yesterday's meal photos:

Bacon and egg sandwich for breakfast and jolly nice too!
The smoked salmon pate was really nice - but next time I will add a touch of nutmeg, I think.

It was
smoked salmon - I couldn't find trimmings which would have been best really - a couple of slices (go by taste and add more if necessary)
80-ish g Philadelphia light
lemon zest and juice black pepper (no salt)

Bung in a small blender and zizz until it is how you want it.

Sadly, what with watching Doctor Who and then Strictly, I totally forgot to photo dinner - the falafels were lovely!
I added an edit yesterday to say that I worked out the synnable calories (just the chestnuts) and divided by the number of falafels made (13 calories each) and used that to work out the syns for the number I had.  I've frozen the rest and will write this info on the freezer bag.
(Note - that's not 13 calories in total, it is just for the chestnuts)

Today's meal plans:

B:  all day breakfast
Just two meals today and this will be an all day breakfast brunch
SW:  syn free

T:  festive afternoon tea at County Hotel  🎄
SW:  absolutely no idea

Exercise:  lots of walking

Summary:
Unknown today.
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

2 comments:

  1. I love Afternoon Teas - enjoy every mouthful, Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am determined that I will, thanks, Sooze. So looking forward to it and, hopefully, will remember to take my camera with me. :-) xx

      Delete