Wednesday 6 December 2023

Wednesday, 06-12-23: Christmas Challenge

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Through December, I am going to try to incorporate as much Christmas themed food as possible while still following SW guidelines (mostly) and remaining within my target range.

Today, in particular, I am being very careful as I am 'going' to an online wine tasting 'event' (good old Zoom) via Naked Wines.
The supplies have already arrived - two whites, three reds and one port - in sort of mini tetra-packs.  The whites are in the fridge!

The bumph that came with the wines says
1.  Set up a couple of wine glasses and get your favourite Christmas nibbles at the ready.
2.  Grab your white wines from the fridge
3:  Use the details on the right to join Matt on Zoom . . .   etc.

OK, so no Christmas nibbles as I plan to have a substantial dinner beforehand to stop the usual wine induced scoffing - I will have some fruit nearby, if needed - and I will have a jug of water to hand.  Each sample is just 100 mls - but six of them.  Hmmmmm.

Definitely off plan today and am focusing on calories instead of syns, etc.  Not exactly counting calories, I don't want to do that, but I have roughly checked the calories for the wine and I can stay in a deficit providing I eat carefully through the day.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast was on the run - an apple before groove class and some pineapple and a banana afterwards.  No photo.

I had started nibbling around the crust before I remembered a photo of this Christmas toastie - opps.
 
It was so, so delicious and really Christmassy.  Filling too.  It set me up for the whole afternoon.



Another delicious one.  Cheesy pasta with mushrooms underneath, topped with broccoli and cranberry and chestnut falafels.  

I have to do this again, I really do!  It was good.

Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
SW:  syn free

L:  soup; fruit
I have a couple of different portions of soup in the freezer which makes life easy (assuming I can find them!)
SW:  syn free

D:   chicken, cranberry sauce 🎄, chips, salad
I had planned to be carb free but realised that actually carbs are great for soaking up the alcohol.  I will get a chicken sizzler, rub some of the Just Spices chicken seasoning over (it's so delicious) and bake in Nellie.  If I have cranberry sauce, I will make it so it's syn free (in my book it's syn free anyway)
SW:  should be syn free

And that wine tasting.

Exercise:  personal training

Summary:
No As or Bs today
no syns until the wine tasting which will take me well over.  Just a one off and straight back on plan tomorrow.

For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment