Wednesday 20 December 2023

Wednesday, 19-12-23: Christmas Challenge

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.
Through December, I am going to try to incorporate as much Christmas themed food as possible while still following SW guidelines (mostly) and remaining within my target range.

A reminder that this blog will be back again in the New Year, probably Jan 3rd, with a 'getting back to it' vibe.

In the meanwhile:

Yesterday's meal photos:

It doesn't look anything but it was lovely,  Bubble and squeak with an egg cracked in and cheese on top.  So good.
I loved this - a roast dinner wrap.   Great way of using up leftovers.

Then it all got a bit nibbly and I didn't have the planned dinner.  Oh, well (again!) . . .


Today's meal plans:
Not really on plan, just using what I have and trying to be sensible.

B:  fruit

L:   sausage salad baguette - must use up those sausages!

D: something from the freezer - not sure what yet.

Exercise:   an online Groove class.

No summary - it would say nothing important.

For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment