Thursday 4 January 2024

Thursday, 04-01-24

 Morning, everyone.   I'm back again after the most wonderful Christmas and New Year cruise, in search of the Northern Lights (yes, we found them!) up the coast of Norway and back down again.  By the time many of you read this, I will be home again.

It's been great, the food has generally been amazing, the wine has been free flowing and, while I haven't weighed yet, I know I will have gained more than a little poundage.  

However . . .


. . ., Jen posted this on our Facebook page and it is so true.  I've planned my back-to-it meals up to and including Sunday, I won't be weighing at group for a couple of weeks but I will be setting a date when I will weigh and I've got a 'back in target range' chart to support and encourage.

Today's meal plans:

B:  still on ship so I don't know but I won't go mad because we have a drive back.

L:  beans on toast
I have the necessary in cupboard and freezer
SW:  one healthy extra B

Afternoon:  shopping at Morrisons

D:  steak, salad and chips; fruit
All SW friendly.
SW:  one syn for some mustard, one syn for some super light mayo.

Exercise: not sure at the moment

Summary:
no planned healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
two syns - plus whatever I have for breakfast

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back Joy! That's a lovely quote from Jen, it reminds us that we all ate and drank willingly and freely over Christmas/New Year and enjoyed it, but that's not how we normally eat and it's time to get back to it, without beating ourselves up with guilt. You'll soon get back into the swing of things. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. I really do like it and might make it my banner for a few weeks while I get some up to date photos.
      No guilt here either, just gratitude that I have been so very, very lucky. xx

      Delete