Thursday 25 January 2024

Thursday, 25-01-24

Good morning, everyone

Yesterday's meal photos:

I know it looks more like a lunch than a breakfast but it's so tasty and good and filling too.
Avocado on bagel is delicious!

Later on, I had a pear and a plum.
I took a portion of home made tomato soup, just a basic one, and loaded it with cooked chicken, mushroom, various beans including edamame, some chopped pepper, sweet potato and parsnip and some shreds of noodles from the bottom of the jar plus some water because it was so thick.
I don't know if  you'd call it a casserole or a chunky soup but it was so satisfying!

Afters was an apple and a plum.
The chili con carne wasn't that spicy, just a little tickle on the tongue.  To the basic mince portion I added what was left over from the soup plus beans, sweet potato, mushroom - of, various bits and pieces.  That's what's so good about today's meals - they use up fridge rubble.
Anyway, it was nice and, because of all the veg additions, one portion if savoury mince turned into two portions of mild chili so one is going back in the freezer - quite safely because it had a good boiling up to cook the veg.
As you can see, I had it with a small jacket potato and a very big and crunchy salad plus a bit of salad cream for one syn.

Afters was an orange and later on I had a hot chocolate, a proper one made with milk from my second healthy extra A and five syn's worth of chocolate powder.  Higher in syns than an Options drink (which I don't have) but far more rich and satisfying.  And I was well within syns.

I know all my portions look huge but most of my plates are pretty small and I do have loads of veg - loads and loads.

Today's meal plans:

B:   fruit, seeds and yogurt
I've taken raspberries, strawberries and blueberries out of the freezer and will probably chop up an apple to mix in.  Nice!
SW:  should be syn free (see below for the seeds)

L:  creamy pasta, salad; fruit
The creamy pasta is leftovers from Tuesday - there's not loads so I might add in a spoonful of the chilli to bulk it out.  It'll be a right mix but it will be good.
SW:  one syn for some philly light that I added on Tuesday and you can have two level tbsps mixed seeds for a healthy extra B so I will add some to the salad, some to breakfast and have the rest as a bibbly thing at some point.

D:  lasagne, salad or veg; fruit
I made the lasagne last week so I will thaw it out during today and reheat it in Nellie, probably adding half an As-worth of grated cheese because can you have too much cheese on a lasagne?  I'll probably make a big bowl of salad for the whole day and have some with it but am keeping options open in case I fancy cooked veg more.
SW:  the lasagne is one and a half healthy extra As and three syns

Exercise:  online SET class

Summary: 
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four syns

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love a jacket potato with chilli, looks delicious. I never think your portions look huge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (by TD from Nine to Five-ish, don't know why I am anonymous all of a sudden!)

      Delete