Tuesday 30 January 2024

Tuesday, 30-01-24

Good morning, everyone

Yesterday's meal photos:

Just ordinary beans on rye and spelt toast with fruit afterwards and it was delicious.  Beans on toast is always delicious and a can of beans seems to go such a long way.!  
Leftovers of leftovers, roast dinner gratin, reheated.  Even nicer than yesterday.  I spent another syn on some 70% salad cream.
Afters was an orange and later on I had a couple if little easy peelers and an apple
Yesterday's leftovers (again), reheated and very nice it was too.  That's the Sunday roast leftovers finished off now.

No dessert - I was good and full.

Today's meal plans:

B:   bacon, egg, mushrooms and tomatoes
This will go down really well after Groove class
SW:  syn free

L:  cheesy bacon and bean quesadilla, side salad; fruit
I have half a can of baked beans left over from yesterday's breakfast.  Normally I'd have it on toast but I have wraps to use up so I thought I would have it another way instead..  I'm adding the bacon for extra flavour.  So the idea is to mash the baked beans, maybe with a squirt of brown sauce and then go cheese,  cooked bacon, mashed beans, cheese on half a wrap, fold it over and dry 'fry' in my griddle pan.  I think it will be good.
SW:  one and a half  healthy extra As for cheese, one B for the wrap and one syn for the sauce

D:   chicken schnitzel, mini roasties, side salad
This is a recipe from the SW Air Fryers and Friends recipe book, p 20.  It looks really nice and sounds tasty so let's give it a go.  I might do chips or wedges rather than mini-roasties - they're all the same, just cut differently.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for grated parmesan and up to three syns for wholemeal breadcrumbs plus one syn for seasoned flour

Exercise:  Groove class.

Summary: 
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
five syns

2 comments:

  1. Do you eat the skin on your kiwis? I'm not particularly fond of kiwi fruit anyway, but always peel it on the rare occasions I have it - although I do know people who eat the skin, the hairiness of it puts me off! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't. I know the best bit is just beneath the skin but, like you, the hairiness is most off-putting.
      Having said that, it's done its job -- very much so!! lol
      xx

      Delete