Monday 29 January 2024

Monday, 29-01-24

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast - a lot of fruit, I know, but I didn't have one of the easy peelers as it was nasty and dry and the kiwi is for its de-bunging up qualities - a bit of an issue for me at the moment, goodness knows why as it's not usually a problem.
Anyway - it's helping so, for now, it's a kiwi a day!  They're not a speed fruit but they are a free food
Sunday lunch and it was lovely.  Obviously, I made loads and there was plenty left over for other meals.

The meat was silverside beef, I did it in my slow cooker and it was so tender it had to be shredded.  Delicious!

(the beanburger is for my daughter who is vegetarian, also the second gravy - the rest was all vegetarian friendly))


I had to photo these because my Yorkshires are - er - usually variable!  
These worked because I was less casual with timings and made sure the oven had enough time to get properly hot and ditto the pan I used.

They were lovely and Beth and Alex took the leftovers home with them.
I used some of the leftovers to make roast beef dinner gratin.

I cut up some leftover veg (cabbage, sprouts, broccoli, carrots, parsnips and sweet potato) and put them in an ovenproof dish.  I added some shredded beef and a bit of gravy and warmed the lot in the microwave while I made a cheese sauce using the sauce flour from Sainsbury's recommended by Button in a comment under the cheese sauce recipe post (thank you very much, I can see how it is going to be very useful indeed!) which I spread over.  Finally I sprinkled over sa mix of grated cheese and breadcrumbs (nice!) before baking in Nellie until the top was browned and crunchy.
Easy and it was really lovely.  And I have half left for this lunchtime.
I worked out the SW values for just the white sauce and it was two and a half syns plus using the milk as part of a healthy extra A and it made enough for two.  Add whatever and how much cheese you use for the final values.
I'm going to try half quantities plus cheese and see how much I get as it's a useful thing to know.
Today's meal plans:

B:   beans on toast, fruit
Didn't have these the other day so I'll have them today instead.
SW:  half a healthy extra B for one slice bread

L:  roast dinner gratin, side salad; fruit
Leftovers of yesterday's leftovers!!  The other half of what I made in the evening
SW:  two healthy extra As, half a B and approx two syns plus one syn if I scatter mixed seeds over the salad

D:   shredded beef in gravy, assorted vegetables; fruit
More leftovers.
SW:  one syn for fruit

Exercise:  circuits class

Summary: 
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
approx three syns

2 comments:

  1. So pleased you liked the sauce flour. It definitely saves calories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does and, on SW, you can count the cheese and the milk as a healthy extra A if you want, making it that more do-able.
      Thanks again. xx

      Delete