Monday 29 January 2024

Idea: roast dinner gratin

 It's an idea, not a recipe.

You need:

leftovers of roast dinner vegetables
leftovers of roast dinner meat
leftovers of gravy

some cheese sauce, however you make it.  There's a simple cheese sauce recipe here.
An mix of breadcrumbs and finely grated cheese

Method:

Cut up the veg and place in an ovenproof dish.  Season, if needed.  spread the meat on top and pour over a bit of gravy.  Reheat in the microwave.
Make the cheese sauce.  Spread over the meat and veg.  Sprinkle over the cheese/breadcrumb topping.
Bake in oven, under grill or in air fryer until the topping is browned and crunchy.

Enjoy.

No SW values because it depends how much of what you use and how you make your cheese sauce so you'd need to work it out.  The milk and cheese in the sauce can be part of healthy extra A allocation and the breadcrumbs can be part of a B

And it is good reheated the next day.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy, I love leftovers and purposefully cook extra veggies (and meat for husband) just so I can create another dish with them....which often tastes even better. I like leftover roasted Mediterranean veg cold the next day for lunch - delicious with a squirt of mayo and a couple of crackers or crispbreads. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - I love leftover meals. I was hoping to have enough roasted veg left for a soup but then changed my mind. Maybe next weekend?
      Roasted veg makes a good quesadilla middle too, I think, especially spied up. Something else I haven't had in yonks! xx

      Delete